Ladies who get their hair colored - how often do you touch up the roots?

blissedthistle

Mercedes
Jun 3, 2014
I am in it for the long haul, so I want to stretch my hair coloring sessions as long as possible, but not too long to cause demarcation. I get my roots touched up 4 shades lighter every 6-8 weeks. I am wondering if other ladies get it done this frequently?

I am in it for the long haul, so I want to stretch my hair coloring sessions as long as possible, but not too long to cause demarcation. I get my roots touched up 4 shades lighter every 6-8 weeks. I am wondering if other ladies get it done this frequently?

Normally every 7 or 8 wks but have stretched it until kids go back to school next week 10 wks but look awful now so normally at most that long .need to get the works as i have extentions also need to replace lots of money so have to wait to save extra for that.

My hairdresser uses semi-permanent dye that over-time fades with washing. The result is roots that aren't very different from the coloured area. It works well and as a result I only get the colour touched up once every 4-6 months (when I get my hair trimmed).

My hair is naturally black and I only get it dyed a few shades lighter (to a rich brown), so it might not work for drastic colour changes.

I get mine done every 5 weeks.... I'd be able to go longer, but I've started getting grays on one side of my head (weird!) only. So I need to even things up so I don't look insane!

I highlight my hair and I can get away with 7 weeks. You can always try Pureology products which are pricey but they work to keep color lasting longer or try Aveda which has a color treated haircare line.