Ladies what's your opinion on YSL's FALL 2010 olive/army green?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been dying for a green bag and eyeing the Muse II in army green - seen here as photographed at YSL in New York.

But I'm mentally not sure how this would go with my wardrobe of mostly greys, taupes, and black.

Been also eyeing this Bottega in a slightly different green - not as olivey more piney.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446369824&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492708855&bmUID=iL61Esm&ev19=1:25

Has anyone here bought this season's YSL green and have you found it versatile?

Attached Files:

2. Haha you are in the right place sister! Green is my FAVORITE color. I've owned (and obsessed over) so many green bags over the years--mostly darker hunter/pine greens and olive/army greens. :nuts: So I've been thinking a LOT about YSL's olive green too! I have not seen the color IRL but I'll fill you in on what I know. All of the pics pasted below (from our Reference Library) are the fall "olive," and you can see that the color looks VERY different depending on the leather and the bag. Some of them look quite BROWNish to me.

fall 2010 Muses
    source: YSL.com
    [​IMG]

fall 2010 Muse Twos
    source: Saks.com
    [​IMG]

fall 2010 Roadys
    [​IMG]

fall 2010 Easys
    [​IMG]

fall 2010 Le Sixieme bag
    [​IMG]

Fall 2010 Chyc bags
    source: September issue of In Style magazine
    [​IMG]

This below is a different, darker green Muse. (Possibly was part of the pre-fall collection). I know YSL NYC had some during the summer and they might still be able to track one down if you are interested.

fall 2010 Muses
    [​IMG]

3. Haha I love it! Yes this is exactly what I mean - there are a whole range of greens out there so which is more versatile? The brown/green ones like the fall 2010 or the PRE-fall green? Sigh...decisions decisions.

4. I think that either kind of dark green--olive or hunter green--could work with a wardrobe of "mostly greys, taupes, and black." Either green seems quite neutral to me. I have seen the BV bottle green for fall and it's a bit more of a pop of color though both are quite understated and beautiful. I know I'm not being much help here lol! Can you go and see the bags IRL? Btw your pic is a bit hard to see. Any chance you can post a larger one?

5. Is this better? I have only seen the YSL Muse II IRL at the NY store.
    It's rather brownish/olive IRL. I prefer the shade in the Saks.com Muse II photo but I suspect it's the same green colorway but just the lighting of the photograph makes it look different.

Decisions decisions. Now I'm being swayed by a grey patent Ferragamo I have just seen on NM.com:nuts:

Attached Files:

6. The olive color is gorgeous! Just picked it up from the NY store yesterday and love it!

7. Love the olive, especially in the MuseII!!

8. I got a chance to see the patent Olive Easy in person and it's a very deep color.

I think olive-brown based greens might go with more. I had a Balenciaga Day in Sapin (vert dark pine green) as well as a Bal Vert Fonce Brief (olive green) and I felt the olive went with more of my clothes and had a more relaxed look to it--I think because it's a warmer color. I think Olive would look lovely with your clothing colors and I think it might have a better chance of transitioning into spring rather than a bottle green.

9. that's a nice color, would def go with your wardrobe!

10. Love!

11. This is my olive YSL :heart: It's such a great colour, so autumnish, it goes well with almost everything!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ^ Nice colour!

13. BEAUTIFUL bag lola rose! Thanks for posting. :yes:

[​IMG]

14. Thank you girls :biggrin::biggrin:

15. I love this bag lola, congrats it is perfect for fall (not Canadian fall, but Croatian fall, I remember well when I lived in that part of the world ):biggrin: