Ladies, should I dye my Miu Miu bag or send for rehab?

Jan 10, 2012
I am in a quandry. I have a Miu Miu Charm bag in fumo (taupe) that is showing wear on the piping and has dark handles.

I have tried to sell it but just can't bring myself to part with it... I could send it for a spa but I don't think it would be guaranteed to come out 100% of its former glory :sad:

I have dyed bags and clothes before so I am wondering if a DIY job would be the way to go. I am thinking black or dark grey, probably leaning more towards dark grey. I was going to use edge cote after dying it to make the piping look better. What dye would you recommend...or should I send it to a professional?

The dark handles REALLY annoy me...crazy isn't it but I just haven't worn it in months for this reason. Dyeing it a darker colour would hide the dark handles.

I would go to a professional. I get you with the dark handles, it drives me crazy to see a bag like that. Do check prices and see if you are okay with forkng over that amount to re-dye the bag.

If you do dye it yourself, do share how!!!

I am in a quandry. I have a Miu Miu Charm bag in fumo (taupe) that is showing wear on the piping and has dark handles.

I have tried to sell it but just can't bring myself to part with it... I could send it for a spa but I don't think it would be guaranteed to come out 100% of its former glory :sad:

I have dyed bags and clothes before so I am wondering if a DIY job would be the way to go. I am thinking black or dark grey, probably leaning more towards dark grey. I was going to use edge cote after dying it to make the piping look better. What dye would you recommend...or should I send it to a professional?

The dark handles REALLY annoy me...crazy isn't it but I just haven't worn it in months for this reason. Dyeing it a darker colour would hide the dark handles.
I would check the care forum and maybe even ask a mod to move this there
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbag-care-and-maintenance/