Ladies, should I dye my Miu Miu bag or send for rehab?

Jan 10, 2012
UK
I am in a quandry. I have a Miu Miu Charm bag in fumo (taupe) that is showing wear on the piping and has dark handles.

I have tried to sell it but just can't bring myself to part with it... I could send it for a spa but I don't think it would be guaranteed to come out 100% of its former glory :sad:

I have dyed bags and clothes before so I am wondering if a DIY job would be the way to go. I am thinking black or dark grey, probably leaning more towards dark grey. I was going to use edge cote after dying it to make the piping look better. What dye would you recommend...or should I send it to a professional?

The dark handles REALLY annoy me...crazy isn't it but I just haven't worn it in months for this reason. Dyeing it a darker colour would hide the dark handles.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

Liyanamz

Feb 21, 2013
In a world of my own
I would go to a professional. I get you with the dark handles, it drives me crazy to see a bag like that. Do check prices and see if you are okay with forkng over that amount to re-dye the bag.

If you do dye it yourself, do share how!!!

Jan 10, 2012
UK
I would have to send it by post for dyeing as there is nowhere locally.

I am confident in dyeing bags, just not sure about this one as it has that vitello finish :sad:

indiaink

Gone Gone Gone
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I am in a quandry. I have a Miu Miu Charm bag in fumo (taupe) that is showing wear on the piping and has dark handles.

I have tried to sell it but just can't bring myself to part with it... I could send it for a spa but I don't think it would be guaranteed to come out 100% of its former glory :sad:

I have dyed bags and clothes before so I am wondering if a DIY job would be the way to go. I am thinking black or dark grey, probably leaning more towards dark grey. I was going to use edge cote after dying it to make the piping look better. What dye would you recommend...or should I send it to a professional?

The dark handles REALLY annoy me...crazy isn't it but I just haven't worn it in months for this reason. Dyeing it a darker colour would hide the dark handles.
I would check the care forum and maybe even ask a mod to move this there
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbag-care-and-maintenance/