Ladies,PLEASE HELP ME edit my collection. I cant do it by myself..I WANT ALL OF THEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is too confusing for me to go into detail, there are just too many bags. But I agree with an earlier suggestion of going by color. Maybe put all your brown bags together and pick one or two, then all your black bags and pick one or two, etc.

I can help you with your purple bag situation on the first page IMO the first HH purple bag in the first post should go, the second and third on should stay (2nd one has pockets good for school/work, the 3rd one is a cute going out bag) and the 4th purple one should go as well.

So let go #1 and 7... keep 5 and 6 (thats just what I think)

I'll post a couple most opinions.... going by color groups

Thank you for the replies. I have reorganized the pics by color and by work..and am making a new thread because I agree that this one is way too confusing. Will post pics now!

:nuts:Wow!
You can open up your own handbag boutique...

Hmmm...You know for which occasions you need your purses...can you start separating or grouping them for such occasions (work, school, etc.)?
Then decide how many you need and which you like best...

I'm thinking it is a typo - and you wanted to say you were :smile: going to message me - other wise I don't understand:confused1:

Hi - wow you really are a piston when you get going!

So forget the group photos for the time being - but seriously - a good place to start is realistically - how often do you change a purse?

LOL yes that was a typo, im sorry! I WAS going to message you. Anyhow, I took your advice and organized by color and work..please check my new thread...much more organized!

Here is what I suggest, narrow down to 3 black bags, 3 brown bags, 1 white/cream bag, 2 fun clutch/dinner bags, 1 super large tote style, 1 rainy day bag, 1 laptop bag and 6 bags in various fun colors like your reds and purples. 18 bags is more than enough for a bag wardrobe.

You can then put the extra money in a fund for one REALLY special bag, maybe something rather expensive and yummy.

Sounds like your desire to 'have just the right purse' for any conceivable situation is what got you into this. You'll never recover the price you paid for them, most likely, so now you're paying the price of Overload. If I were you, I'd pack them up and step away for a while... Just carry one bag and DON'T buy any more, no matter what the sale or no matter what you feel. Since we all know you sell on e-Bay, it can be touchy, as well - are you wanting to sell these bags? Be careful.

Focus on school and enjoying life with the knowledge you have what you need for now. Why add more stress to your life trying to get rid of so much - it seems like it's awfully stressful for you to go through this business of getting rid of what you spent so much energy on acquiring.

Relax, enjoy, take pleasure in your accomplishments - and you've accomplished quite a bit. Unless you are absolutely dying for more money (doesn't seem like it), I'd take a breather.

You know where to come for Handbag Help and Therapy; right here. Quit freaking out, woman!

I think you are going to need mostly shoulder bags for school, and not as many satchels. So make sure you have a blue, black, dark brown and saddle shoulder bag. Then the same colors satchels for when you are in a dressier situation. Add a wild-card in each category, that would be your green, purple or cream handbag.

Hm. I have a very colorful collection... but it some of the more crazy colors I make sure not to get a dupe of a color. for instance.. I already have one purple bag... yea, purple bags have tempted me into buying them recently, but since I know I already have one great purple bag that I love, I know i'm set and I dont need to get another. it seems like you have waaay too many purple bags, and way too many colors of the same bags... two morning afters? two havanas, etc etc. I totally go against the whole "owning one bag in one color" thing when it comes to neutrals though. I think owning 2 or 3 brown bags is acceptable.. same with black. Maybe not so much with white as they do tend to be seasonal and get dirty easier. you also have two botkier bella clutches. since it's a clutch and will be used at night, i'd keep the metallic one and sell off the white one. metallic is better suited at night, especially in a clutch. This is very hard, but I raelly think you need to start with color first if you really want to weed out the bags you don't "need"

First thing: STOP BUYING BAGS. Second thing: Group your bags into colors.
Third: Then, with your color groupings, group into styles. If you have, for instance, two purple totes: one must go. If you have two red clutches: one must go. That's the easy cut. The next cut after that is to group only in colors: you do not need 15 red bags, for instance. Do not buy the same bag in another color, because you like the color. That must stop. Do these steps, eliminate, and then get back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.