Ladies, please give me opinions on these boots for snow!

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
I live in Missouri and we get a pretty decent amount of snow each winter. I am looking to get a good boot for winter snow and rain.

I recently purchased the Ugg Adirondack II boot in gray:
http://www.uggaustralia.com/womens-...p|9221285700&gclid=CNj3oe3V36wCFWgEQAoddH4yoA

I have a friend who has a pair of original Hunter wellie boots and just purchased a fleece liner/sock for them. She swears by them and plans to wear them in Chicago and Missouri during the winter but loves that they are perfect for year round in the rain.

Does anyone wear their Hunter boots in the snow? Are they practical for that or would you/should I just keep the Ugg Adirondack II boots I just purchased?

Thank you for your responses!!!

I live in New York and wore my Hunter wellies last winter, when we got a ton of snow, and I was freezing, even with the fleece liners! I love those Uggs but I don't know how practical they would be for the snow. They're going to eventually get destroyed and not worth it, IMO. I would get something else like Sorel or Columbia.

Thank you, ladies. I am thinking the Sorel Caribou might be a good choice. I think I was more drawn to how cute the Hunter's look, but I can see they would probably be pretty cold. I cannot stand when my feet are cold!!

I have the hunters and the uggs - the hunters are not warm remotely for snow. Slushy days, ok, but not negative (e.g. -10 degrees C, sorry I don't know the temp in F). I have tried the sorels, but they are too heavy for walking any distance and they are not that comfortable. The uggs are super light weight and you can walk forever in them without hurting your feet. they honestly feel more like sneakers but are soooooo super warm. this will be the 3rd year i have worn them and they look brand new if you clean the salt off often.

d

i used to wear juicy rain boots with wool socks and my feet would freeeeeze. i couldn't see hunters being much warmer.
so i bought the exact same uggs in brown. this will be my first winter wearing them. my cardy uggs keep my feet toasty but aren't waterproof. i can't waitttt to wear these uggs even though my friends say they're butt ugly.

I have both Hunter boots and UGGs and I find there are pros and cons to each...

Hunters are awesome because in snow and slush they will keep you 1000% dry and they completely new by the end of winter and you can even wear them through spring. The cons would be that unfortunately they aren't very warm, even with the hunter fleece sock.

Uggs are awesome because they are very warm which is a plus since where I live its very very cold. Unfortunately, uggs weren't really meant for snow past heights of 10cm and slush. Your feet do get wet. After winter they look kind of beaten up.

I would say put on a bunch of really warm socks (I wear one thinsulate sock under one large bulky sock that goes up past my knees) and wear the hunters in cold and slushy days, whereas wear the uggs in cold but drier days...

:balloon:

Thank you, ladies. I am thinking the Sorel Caribou might be a good choice. I think I was more drawn to how cute the Hunter's look, but I can see they would probably be pretty cold. I cannot stand when my feet are cold!!

I have Caribous and they're great! I wear them when we go snowboarding and the handful of times I get to wear them in my home state. I can tell you that in -20 weather, trudging through a blizzard, with smart wool socks on, my feet were warm. It's like wearing bricks on your feet though, they're heavy and huge. Plus they last forever, which is why I bought them, they're virtually indestructible.

I have Ugg rain boots that are lined in sheepskin, I can't wear them if it's below 35 degrees, otherwise my feet sweat and then freeze. Not fun.