Ladies, please console me . . . my paprika came, but it's rouille!

I'm putting in a reminder to everyone to keep this thread on the up-and-up. I will close the thread if it goes downhill with SA bashing.

Let's get back to the question at hand. Which, should she keep the bag or return it?

lizz, I say you return it if you don't love it, no matter what the original color it was that you requested. In your last sentence you said that you AND your husband both love the color so perhaps you should keep it!

The rouille is a lovely color and in my opinion more "special" than the paprika. I've seen both colors IRL and paprika and is quite different from rouille--more of a deep rust color but definitely in the brown family. The paprika is very subdued compared to the rouille, I would consider it a neutral bag whereas as rouille provides a nice pop of color.

Whichever color you end up with, you will have a beautiful bag! Good luck with your decision!

After thinking about this post, I believe the color I saw was tabac/sienna and not paprika--so sorry about that!

lizz, I just came back from Bal-NY and bought a "paprika" coin purse. The SA (Crystal) told me it is "paprika" and as soon as I read your thread, I immediately look at the tag. It does say 2006!!! This is very confusing. Your city and my coin purse are the very same color. Maybe Balenciaga made a mistake on the tag? Or is this suposed to be a 2006 cw???? :confused1:

DSC03681.jpg

Wow, what a fascinating thread! J0yc3, I really thought your coin purse looked more like the 07 rouille (not the 06). :shrugs: However, if the tag reads 2006, then something is amiss. I can't understand why good BalNY SAs would make the mistake. To me the colors looked like they were going to be very different. If either of you are not satisfied speak to a manager and ask for free return shipping and a new item.

Lizz, perhaps BalNY would be willing to send you an 07 bag so that you can compare and choose which one you want. That situation would be ideal so that you could know for sure which color suits you best.