Ladies....Need Help...Do you think this is "purple" enough?

You know - I think I actually DID see it IRL at LVR? And I think it was TDF beautiful. I remember thinking that I had to make a note of it to tell everybody later but my old lady brain 'forgot'. The color is really cool!

I'm just over from the BV forum having a quick look at all the Chloe bags. I was in the Chloe boutique last week and the SA told me that this spring it's going to be purple purple purple (I was telling her it's my favourite colour). Might they get this bag in later in a true purple? If not then the prune is gorgeous!

I think the prune is very versatile. Purple is my favorite color but take a look at your purple inventory. If you already have a few purple purple purses, the prune may be a perfect addition.

Ok, I actually pre-ordered this bag. The thoughts of it being G-O-N-E were more than I could bear. I figure if I have it, don't like it, I can always send it back. As I've mentioned before, I went through this with the JC Navy Ramona, it was on BG website as a pre-order, then gone (as is now the Prune Heloise), when it arrived at the boutiques it sold out in the Navy color, I found one the last few remaining in the company, so didn't want to go through that again.
I really love the red Heloise and was tempted when it was on Bluefly, but I really don't need another red bag. Soooooo, thought I would give the Prune Heloise a try. My only concern is the weight. I picked up a brown one in NM over the weekend and it is very heavy. Oh, but for the love of fashion, one can endure!!

yay, llson, post pic when you get her.

I did not pre-order for the exact reason you stated...it is heavy. I went to NM at Fashion Island and test drove the bag in a different color...handles are a little short for me to sit comfy on shoulders too. So am still debating. The NM SA and boutique SA promised to call me when the bag is in, so I am waiting and see.

In the meantime, I am thinking if the Heloise is as heavy as the paddy, why not use my vanilla paddy as an everyday bag for spring....and wait for a sale for heloise...or not.

In the meantime, I am thinking if the Heloise is as heavy as the paddy, why not use my vanilla paddy as an everyday bag for spring....and wait for a sale for heloise...or not.

You are a inspiration to us all :woohoo: . Hear that ladies? Acshih is going to use a bag she already owns and wait for the sale! I wish I was as sensible as you acshih :flowers:, such will power :sweatdrop:

Yes acshih - you must be commended for your practical thinking! And what should be your PRIZE for this accomplishment? Something heavy with short handles in purple maybe??????

yay, llson, post pic when you get her.

I did not pre-order for the exact reason you stated...it is heavy. I went to NM at Fashion Island and test drove the bag in a different color...handles are a little short for me to sit comfy on shoulders too. So am still debating. The NM SA and boutique SA promised to call me when the bag is in, so I am waiting and see.

acshih, good for you, lots of patience. I have to agree that the Heloise is heavy, I tried the patent one empty and it was as heavy as my Bay filled--even the SA said 'they are soooo heavy'--so, I'm having lots of second thoughts and have actually thought about cancelling several times. I think I just want to try the basic leather version and then make my decision. The good news is they don't charge my card until they actually ship the bag (which is April/May). This gives me time to further clean out my closet and sell some more bags. My MJ collection is practically G-O-N-E, and others are going to new homes --Chloe is assuming control of my closet. :rolleyes:

Yes acshih - you must be commended for your practical thinking! And what should be your PRIZE for this accomplishment? Something heavy with short handles in purple maybe??????
Yay...I hope....

You know the honest truth?? I have been lucky/unlucky that I live in S Ca, 30 min away to SCP and Newport. I practically am there every week looking/lusting after every single piece:drool:. And not just at the Chloe boutique, mind you. At SCP along, there are 2 Chanel boutiques, 3 LVs, Gucci, YSL, Versace, yada, yada....Also Bloomys, saks, NM and Nordstrom all around there....I know if I don't put a stop to all of this craziness, I will go broke very quickly. So...will of steel battling this cow-hide/leather addiction/obsession "Must" be in order:boxing:. Otherwise, I will be in the stores buying bags/shoes/leather jackets and returning them every week, literally (and been there, done that:rolleyes:).

Sounds like nirvana all right. I have visited there actually and my head was swivelling around with all the luscious sites to take in that it almost spun off its axis! Imagine having that many options?! I find myself returning stuff so much too - which can be such a pain. But there is nothing like really taking the item in and seeing how it goes with everything in your life.