Ladies!! Look at My New Birthday Gift!

Wow, how beautiful! I've seen photos of plenty of blue jean birkins, but I think your story makes this the sweetest bag of all. Happy birthday!

(Or maybe it's your photos...the color is just captivating!)

Ivette said:
Thanks! I did learn one tidbit while talking to one of the SAs at the store regarding the JPG shoulder and I wonder if you've heard anything about this: The SA said that the JPG shoulder (which we all know) was made by JPG for the runway only, but when everbody saw it, everybody wanted it so that is why they were made. They are still being made, BUT at a limited number because the SA said, "it SLOWS down the process of making the original birkins"--apparently there are only so many artisans to make so many bags. He also said that the JGP only comes in only three colors AND that there are not huge waiting lists for them. Perhaps, at this store--they've only received less than a handful in the past year and I have one. Have you heard any of this? Wondered what your thoughts would be on this. Thanks.

Wow - never heard of this! I guess you should consider your JPG to be quite rare! :smile: Thanks for the tidbit!

WOW!!!! How lucky of you to have found the Birkin!! I called the Hermes store today and asked if they have any Birkin and he said not today.:sad:

Enjoy your gorgeous bag!! It's a beauty!:love: :love:

Greentea said:
Wow - never heard of this! I guess you should consider your JPG to be quite rare! :smile: Thanks for the tidbit!

I just wanted to know what you're thoughts were about this because I'm not sure I believe what the SA said. It doesn't sound right to me. Thanks for your thoughts.

Ivette said:
I just wanted to know what you're thoughts were about this because I'm not sure I believe what the SA said. It doesn't sound right to me. Thanks for your thoughts.

First congrats on ur very beautiful BJ. Is that togo?

JPG is very special indeed. However, as far as i know, JPG is not very popular either. (sorry this might hurt some gals feeling here) The main reason is that the porportion of the bag is a bit awkward. It looks nice on the picture, but IRL, unless u r some one with a very tall and slim figure, it is hard to pull this look together since the bag is really large on the bottom. In addition, JPG is extremely heavy, even compared to a NORMAL birkin. It weights like a ton.

I have been on the waiting list for a while, and the first birkin they offered is a blue jean JPG. I passed as soon as i tried it on. it is just not right, for me at least.

However, if u r pretty tall, i guess u might be able to wear it much better.

Just my two cents.

hermesBB said:
First congrats on ur very beautiful BJ. Is that togo?

JPG is very special indeed. However, as far as i know, JPG is not very popular either. (sorry this might hurt some gals feeling here) The main reason is that the porportion of the bag is a bit awkward. It looks nice on the picture, but IRL, unless u r some one with a very tall and slim figure, it is hard to pull this look together since the bag is really large on the bottom. In addition, JPG is extremely heavy, even compared to a NORMAL birkin. It weights like a ton.

I have been on the waiting list for a while, and the first birkin they offered is a blue jean JPG. I passed as soon as i tried it on. it is just not right, for me at least.

However, if u r pretty tall, i guess u might be able to wear it much better.

Just my two cents.

HermesBB--thanks for ur two cents. :P :biggrin:
Sorry, forgot to mention...it's togo.
You are right, it is heavy and it is not for everyone. Afterall, JPG is an avant-garde designer.

Ivette said:
HermesBB--thanks for ur two cents. :P :biggrin:
Sorry, forgot to mention...it's togo.
You are right, it is heavy and it is not for everyone. Afterall, JPG is an avant-garde designer.

I totally agree, JPG is brilliant and wild. I personally love him very much. However, that is also why his design is not for everyone. But if u are able to put on with confidence, u will be one of the lucky girls :biggrin:

Ivette!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: OMG, your Blue Jeans Birkin is BEAUTIFUL beyond words!

Thanks for sharing..I love love love your story! I've always believe in how an Hermes bag is meant to be...It must be good karma that you called the store at the right time! Your hubby is such a wonderful man! Your are one LUCKY woman!

Enjoy your new baby & wear it well! :smile: