Ladies, just received these caracolos in the mail. Need your help PLEASE. (DP)

missjenny

Oct 19, 2007
Sorry for the double post. I already posted these in the Glass Slipper, but forgot to put it in the CL subforum.

Ladies,
I just received what is supposed to be a pair of red caracolo pumps that I won on eBay. I was soooo excited to finally see my shoes, as I had been away on vacation. I am VERY disappointed with the product I received and I'm 99.999999% sure they are fake, EVEN THOUGH I had them authenticated in the forum here. You decide. I've compared them to my authentic pair of decolette patents. Here are pictures comparing the two. What do you think, and most importantly, what should I do to get my money refunded????

Pic 1: on the left, the suspect dustbag. On the right, my authentic dustbag. Notice the difference in the width of the font.

Pic 2: on the top, the suspect leather is of inferior quality. You can see the ripples in the leather. The leather should be completely SMOOTH, as it is on the decolettes.

Pic 3: on the top, the inferior craftsmanship of the side sole. Compared to the black delcolettes, the side sole of the caracolos is uneven and all over the place.

What do you ladies think? Are the carocolos authentic?

So, I've already contacted the member and told her I want my money back. If she says there are no refunds, what are my options?

Has this ever happened to any of you?

I don't trust eBay for anything! I'll never buy from Ebay again. I'm really disappointed.

Attachments

• DSC00531.JPG
    DSC00531.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00534.JPG
    DSC00534.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00535.JPG
    DSC00535.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 147
I have both types of CL bags, they do have 2 factories that CL's come from, also alot of my patent CL's have markings in them like that, just from wear itself... I don't think they are fakes, but I can't be certain without seeing some better photos

If I'm paying close to $900 original price for a pair of shoes, the quality control of the patent leather better be PRISTINE. Why pay close to $1000 for a pair of shoes if the leather looks cheap and looks like a two year old was the shoemaker?

Natassha, what kind of better pics do you need? I can take 400, if you need! I also forgot to mention the marking on the bottom of the CLs of both pairs is completely different. I tried to get photos, but it didn't show up.

As far as the dustbag and the soles go, there are different designs depending on which factory it comes from. I've also gotten shoes with wrinkled leather - fortunately, they were an online order from Saks and I returned them for a better pair. But I agree with you though about the quality - I hate to spend lots of money and find flaws in the shoes. Even if they are authentic, perhaps you could persuade the seller to give you some of your money back based on the condition. If they were listed as brand new, in perfect condition, or if the photos didn't show those problems, the seller might give you a discount rather than getting poor feedback.

Take some pics of the insole for us to see, up as close as you can get... and the peep toe... thats where they seem to go wrong on the fakes that I have seen, I have yet though to see this style faked

To take better close up pictures, see if your camera has a button with a little tulip or flower on it.. that's the setting made for taking pictures of really teeny tiny things and usually allows things like that to show up. Also, try not using the flash and maybe use natural light instead.

The dustbags look authentic. I think the shoes are authentic too; the leather is wrinkled sometimes. Although the original price was around $900, these shoes went on sale for $300, I think. They were not a popular shoe. It's still possible they are faked, but it seems unlikely.

yeah dustbags, boxes, markings can all be different depending on the factory and style. ex - off the top of my head, my black new simples don't have the crest at the bottom but my nudes do. and i have seen that kind of wrinkling on the patent leather...quality control at louboutin isn't always that great.

hard to tell from the second pic(bit too blurry).

I have bought CL patent leather shoes from reputable dept stores and I can definitely recall one pair that had some wrinkling.

I would post more pics and you should get words on whether your shoes are legit or fake.

Wishing you luck!!

Try to post more pictures!

My CLs came from departmental stores but there are some minor differences in the dust bags and soles depending on which factory the shoes came from.

I've seen 'wrinkled' patent leather too.

How do the shoes 'smell'? Think you can get them to a cobbler to assess if they are made of real leather? I'm not sure if the fakes are made of faux leather but perhaps the experts can help?

I hope that they are real! :yes:

OK.. Here are some more pictures. I hope these can help you. If they are still too blurry, I will take more.

Attachments

• DSC00536.JPG
    DSC00536.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00537.JPG
    DSC00537.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00540.JPG
    DSC00540.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00543.JPG
    DSC00543.JPG