Ladies I need your help...

Oh my GOD!! I saw this at Le Bon Marche in Paris last month and I loved it sooooo much! I think it's beautiful! I'll try to upload the pic I took of it (cause I loved it so much when I saw it I snuck a quick pic :P

Keep it...perfect for the spring/summer and unique!
Never detract from a wonderful DH buying something special for his wife.
Save up for the WOC!

Skyqueen, spring/summer can't come soon enough and this bag does put me in that state of mind! I was sort of thinking it would be nice to have something pastel this season instead of my usual black….

Last edited:
Keep. This purse will be a happy reminder of your husband's love, support and thoughtful ways. You could always get your WOC another day. This purse looks like the little pick me up that you need. *hugs* whatever you are going through, I hope it gets better and that you feel better, too.
Broken USNQuill you are SO sweet, thank you for your kind words! Yes, playing hooky yesterday did wonders for my soul, I firmly believe that everyone should take a mental health day now and then to recharge if possible!

I'm a little torn, on one hand I say keep it because he bought it for you, my husband thinks I have too many handbags and would never offer to get me one, lol, on the other hand he bought it but you picked it out by saying you liked it and he bought it to make you happy, so he wants you to be happy and if the other bag is what you want and if you feel you would carry it more I would exchange it, so in short I'm torn on what you should do!

It sounds like you are settling and you want to love it because of what it represents. I would hold out for the chanel.
don't settle. return and get the chanel woc you want.

Yes Fashion 16 and Duodavesgirl, you express so succinctly exactly my doubts. Do I love the bag or the memory of a special day? Or did the bag make the day extra special because it was such a loving and spontaneous gesture? If it was a $16 or even $160 bag it would not be a question. But $1600? Oy vey (smacks head on forehead) :nono:

Keep it!! Get the WOC at a later date.
It is not worth hurting his feelings over. I think the bag is adorable and the fact that he bought it for you makes it priceless.

Agree with this :smile:

Coach Lover Too and Designerhbgirl, that's exactly where my scheming thoughts meandered to today. Keep the Burberry, still get the Chanel at the end of the year like I planned! To be perfectly honest, I put myself on a ban last week (mainly bc of DH's growing alarm over my recent bag sprees) after 2 major purchases (Smythson Nancy and Chanel medium SHW flap) already THIS YEAR (2014, not 2013!) Oops, did I forget to mention that? Enter this bag, and the conniving part of me is thinking, now you can trade it in and justify getting your WOC early!!! The good angel perched on my other shoulder, of course, is insisting that I wait as planned until the end of the year :lecture:

Last edited:
Oh my GOD!! I saw this at Le Bon Marche in Paris last month and I loved it sooooo much! I think it's beautiful! I'll try to upload the pic I took of it (cause I loved it so much when I saw it I snuck a quick pic :P

LOL LabelLover81 you crack me up!

I'm glad you loved it too, part of me was wondering if I'd lost my mind. If I squint my eye and in a certain light it looks like Hello Kitty threw up all over it. Or at the very least coated herself with a glue stick and ran through a poppy field. This purse is so not me! But then why did it catch my eye in the store and why do I still sort of really love it :confused1:

BTW what was your favorite color? They only had pink in the store and I saw a yellow one on EvilBay. I think the mint also looks pretty in the ads.

I'm a little torn, on one hand I say keep it because he bought it for you, my husband thinks I have too many handbags and would never offer to get me one, lol, on the other hand he bought it but you picked it out by saying you liked it and he bought it to make you happy, so he wants you to be happy and if the other bag is what you want and if you feel you would carry it more I would exchange it, so in short I'm torn on what you should do!

I know Patlynn42, I really love that DH (although puzzledly) supports my purse addiction even though he doesn't fully understand it. So I definitely want to acknowledge that because previous not so D BF's have been much less understanding and supportive. It's partly how I knew DH was the ONE!!! But I also know what I like and what I want. Usually. This one is throwing me for a loop I must say.

This is why I really appreciate your input ladies!!! I also realize that this was in fact my first newbie reveal on tPF, it has been so very fun to become a part of this forum, share my dilemma and to read your responses :P

Last edited:
What a sweet man. And Burberry is a wonderful company. I have LVs, Smythson, Louboutin, Chanel, Hermes… among others. The quality and cheerfulness of my Burberry makes me happy. Enjoy it and carry the memories of a lovely day with you.

I've been in your situation and I think what it comes down to is will you use this beautiful purse or will it sit in your closet just as a reminder of DH and your special day? If it's the latter and you said your DH doesn't mind you exchanging, well that's what I'd do ;)

it's pretty obvious you'd rather have the WOC if we took your DH out of the equation. so if your DH said he wouldn't mind you returning the bag and getting a WOC instead, then get the WOC. and you can transfer all the feelings of your DH's love and generosity to the WOC since he made obtaining the Chanel possible.