DSC_2546.jpg

with my stuff.

DSC_2550.jpg

DSC_2551.jpg

what it looks like stuffed.

DSC_2557.jpg

not too bulky, right?

DSC_2558.jpg

these are really pretty, how neat is it that it has an inside zip pocket?!
i love the taupe color. if you decide to buy one please post pics, i'm dying to see more pics of this taupe color!!

your case is pretty tad!

What a super item! MJ doesn't do too many cosmetics cases, so when you find one that you like, I say Go For It!

Now, this thread has made me wonder: How does it happen that only certain stores carry certain items? Or carry certain items in only certain colors? When the buyers go to shows, is it that they select one particular color in an item they want to carry? Do they get an exclusive on that item in that color? Or, does MJ do particular items for particular stores (or groups of stores... like MJ stores, big high-end dept. stores, smaller boutiques...?) I know next to nothing about retail sales (except how to spend the dough, :lolots:smile: and this may be completely off-topic, but does anyone know? Or, are there other threads on this? Just wondering...

What a super item! MJ doesn't do too many cosmetics cases, so when you find one that you like, I say Go For It!

Now, this thread has made me wonder: How does it happen that only certain stores carry certain items? Or carry certain items in only certain colors? When the buyers go to shows, is it that they select one particular color in an item they want to carry? Do they get an exclusive on that item in that color? Or, does MJ do particular items for particular stores (or groups of stores... like MJ stores, big high-end dept. stores, smaller boutiques...?) I know next to nothing about retail sales (except how to spend the dough, :lolots:smile: and this may be completely off-topic, but does anyone know? Or, are there other threads on this? Just wondering...

Department stores and designers work mutually to order certain bags and certain numbers of bags which most intuitively meet the demand of the targeted buyer. Sometimes bags and/or colors just never end up being produced at all. MJ boutiques often get bags only sold in boutiques to maintain that sense of designer quality and exclusivity that's essential for designer merchandising.

Tad, I have a question about your case: how does it fit in all of your bags? I know the width is something like 10" -- which just seems rather wide for a cosmetic case. :thinking:

i've been carrying it in my kate so far, and it fits. it probably won't with my shorter, stouter bags like the trish or mika, but the bruna, mix quilted tote, the stams, st. marks, kasia, most of the scc, the hudson...any medium sized bag will do just fine.

i've been carrying it in my kate so far, and it fits. it probably won't with my shorter, stouter bags like the trish or mika, but the bruna, mix quilted tote, the stams, st. marks, kasia, most of the scc, the hudson...any medium sized bag will do just fine.

Ah, I see! Thanks for the info. It's so pretty! Definitely an SLG that stands out instead of just being utilitarian.