Ladies, I need your help - my 1st fendi purse!

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
I consider the first one to be a classic and I like big bags. So, I say go with the first one.

alwaysalady

Aug 26, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Thanks Kiss, but does anyone else find the first bag too big (18"x 10.75"x 8" ) - I've tried it on and its quite large to me? That's really the only thing holding me back.

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
Did you try it without the stuffing in it? It is a large bag and if you're not comfortable with it, then you should probably get the smaller tote.

alwaysalady

Aug 26, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Well, I've tried it with & without the stuffing and it still seems a bit large. I'm 5'4 105 lbs and the biggest bags I usually go for are 15" x 10". Do you think this is a big bag for someone of my size?

Also, you said the first bag is considered a classic but wouldnt the second be a classic as well? They are both from the Chef line.

Thanks,
Raeann

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
Maybe I should say more popular instead of classic. I see the first one in the stores (bloomingdale's and NM) quite often. I haven't seen the second one though. According to Saks, the measurement for the second tote is 11 W x 9 1/2 H x 4 1/2 D. I think it depends on what you plan on carrying. For me, if the measurements are correct, the second one seems a bit small. Also, I doubt the bag is too big for you. I've seen some very small people look really good with big bags.

But, the bottom line is, you should go with what you are most comfortable with!!

alwaysalady

Aug 26, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for your help ladies, I really appreciate your opinions. It's tough deciding on my first fendi. I feel as though if you're gonna spend over $1000, you just have to LOVE it.

Raeann

melanierez

O.G.
Apr 9, 2007
Go with your gut instinct. If a bag is right for me, I can tell the minute I look in the mirror, so go back to the store and try on more bags!

Lisa2007

So many handbags so little money
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
Maryland
I have the Fendi Chef and I am 5'4 and I love it...But I am a big bag gal....however, I purchased the other tote for my daughter...who is finally 5 feet tall and a size 6...which she very seldom carries as she prefers my Fendi Chef or her Baulotto...and she looks great carrying each of these bags...Enjoy whichever bag you choose...