Ladies, I need some coach therapy!!!!!!

SparklyJ

Oct 24, 2011
I don't post here often but I am a religious lurker & totally coach obsessed. So, with starting grad school recently, and having 14+ hour days, I NEED a new bag. My dbf has been nothing but unsupportive & rude, and a HUGE headache to say the Least, when all I've needed is a hug or a few kind words at the end of the day, so I'm turning to all you lovely ladies for support. I've been hounding the outlet in what little free time I do have, but haven't seen anything that's caught my eye. I've tossed around a few ideas, but nothing really stuck. So, I'm here to ask you all.... What bag are you recently obsessed with, what makes you soooo happy to look at?! I thought I really wanted a UV Candace, but I'm not so sure. It's so large & so structured and I'm not in the "real world" yet.... And even when I am, as an RN, it'd kill me to shove that gorgeous large, structured bag in my locker. My most recent purchases were a fuschia Juliette, a teal (sorry i don't know her proper color name) Willis from DBF for Christmas, and a Bordeaux Sophia when they hit the outlets before the holiday. I really thought I wanted a brown Willis (british tan? cognac?) and I saw a woman the other day with an absolutely gorgeous lighter tan-colored one (I'm not up to date on a lot of color names at the moment, so I apologize)....but, as I mentioned, I just got the deal one for Christmas.... *sigh*... Maybe I should take a break from studying later to pop on over to FP for an hour or two and see what catches my eye....

They have so many new choices and colors right now. I'd just walk in and see what happens. If your not in love with anything there maybe they can let you know about something coming soon.

U have some faulous bags already, congrats! I'm totally loving my City Willis that I just bought on Friday. So surprised at how much she holds.

Thank you! :smile: I'm glad you found one that you love! I haven't tried on a city or tried my things in it, that'd be a good alternative since I already have two regular Willis... What's the plural of Willis? LOL

I'm sorry you are having a rough time esp while studying. I know how hectic and stressful grad school can be and you really do need a supportive significant other. I hope you find support in your family and friends. :smile:
I turn to shopping in stressful times so I understand your request to find something that makes you smile.

For me, my absolute favourite Coach bag is the Laila. That bag makes me smile. The colour and the details are stunning. I'm obsessed with the Laila and sad that it has been discontinued. Another line that I like to stare at is the gathered leather. I have 4 pieces (bordeaux lindsey, bordeaux zippy, black small bag, and black cross body) and each one is beautiful. I want to add more bright coloured pieces to my collection!

If you love the UV colour, go for something like a wristlet or cosmetic case that you can put in your bag and take out to admire - it's an instant pop of colour!

Good luck in finding your "happy" bag!!

Last edited:
I just purchased the Rory in Carnelian and she is my new obsession. If you don't want anything too large how about a Molly, they have sooo many gorgeous colours and she is really a great size.

Good luck with school I’m in my 3rd year and know how those 14hr days feel like, that’s why I like to come to this forum; it’s like a mini holiday.

Would that be willies .....:roflmfao:

Willies! Yes, that has to be it! LOVE it!

I'm sorry you are having a rough time esp while studying. I know how hectic and stressful grad school can be and you really do need a supportive significant other. I hope you find support in your family and friends. :smile: I turn to shopping in stressful times so I understand your request to find something that makes you smile. For me, my absolute favourite Coach bag is the Laila. That bag makes me smile. The colour and the details are stunning. I'm obsessed with the Laila and sad that it has been discontinued. Another line that I like to stare at is the gathered leather. I have 4 pieces (bordeaux lindsey, bordeaux zippy, black small bag, and black cross body) and each one is beautiful. I want to add more bright coloured pieces to my collection! If you love the UV colour, go for something like a wristlet or cosmetic case that you can put in your bag and take out to admire - it's an instant pop of colour! Good luck in finding your "happy" bag!!
Thank you SO much shoebaglady, I appreciate your extremely kind words... And handbag wisdom of course ;) the Laila's are gorgeous! So sad I missed out... Maybe ill find a good one online preloved someday! I agree with the accessories for an instant pop of color & happiness, I can't wait to make a decision and share with you all!

Thank you to all you other sweet ladies as well! I agree, I should find a lovely new bag to take out man shopping!

Meankat, best of luck in your studies as well! I love the Rory's, too.... Decisions, decisions!! Hehe :smile:

I say go ahead and treat yourself to an hour or two at the FP have fun! See what catches your eye. If you don't have the PCE that's going on right now, you might try mentioning it to the SA, maybe they can hook you up with the discount anyway.

If you like that UV color but want a less structured bag, maybe the duffle would work? If you're willing to consider other colors, there's also the Molly which has handles like the Candace, but is less structured.

If you're in grad school, you're probably on your computer a fair amount :smile:. Be sure to check out the department store websites before you make your decision; some of them like Macy's and Dillards are having sales right now that are even better than the Coach PCE.

Good luck! Hope you pick a bag that makes you smile. Please be sure to do a reveal once you decide!