Ladies… I’m crying out for help!! SNAD

Even though the seller did not specifically state that the bottom is bent, one of the pictures clearly shows that there are creases and bends on the bottom side of the bag.

I agree. Unfortunately, sometimes people don't store their Chanel bags properly (such as stacking them) and this crease can form without the bag ever being worn. That might have been what happened with this bag causing a crease in the bottom while the rest of the bag is in excellent condition. I agree, it would have been nice if they pointed it out, but it does clearly appear in a few pictures and it doesn't look like they tried to hide it.

Creases like this will usually straighten up if stored firmly stuffed with the bottom of the bag pressed against the wall of their storage box, however, the signs of the crease may never fully go away. This is a tough situation because the bag isn't mint condition as stated, but this flaw was clearly pictured. If this is a flaw that would bother you, you should have seen it and refrained from bidding. Pictures speak a thousand words, way more than you can expect most sellers to put in their listings! Because of that it's hard to say the bag isn't as pictured. You may have some luck with SNAD but it's a tough call. If you absolutely can't live with the bag, go ahead and try. However, if I were you, I'd take the $200, stuff the bag and love it!

Last edited:
Even though the seller did not specifically state that the bottom is bent, one of the pictures clearly shows that there are creases and bends on the bottom side of the bag.

i totally agree but also the pictures are not consistent, some parts are really flat and some has shadows..

Seller's photos..

Slide4.jpg

Slide15.jpg

here is a close up picture of bottom of the bag. I don't see the crease here and bents..

Slide16.jpg

And this picture seems to me that she's hiding something.. the bottom is cut..

Slide17.jpg

I purchased a MINT condition not badly bent/sagged/damage bag..

^ If that's how you feel, then file a SNAD. If the bag is snad to you, then do it. It's clear that's the only resolution here. The seller isn't going to take a return and you don't seem like you're going to be any happier with your purchase.

Also, how was the bag shipped? Was it smooshed down at all?

The OP already filed for a SNAD dispute.

OP, like I suggested I'd call paypal and ask them if you can provide some pictures to prove your case. It is my understanding that paypal does not have any other information other than your description of the bag? I'd do it right away before they decide on your case since it has been escalated alrealdy.

The seller also posted these pictures which, to me, show creases and bends in the corners of the bag.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr25/pixie_girl785/CHANEL%20Black%20Caviar%20CC%20Flap%20GHW/Slide9.jpg

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr25/pixie_girl785/CHANEL%20Black%20Caviar%20CC%20Flap%20GHW/Slide8.jpg

OP, I understand your disappointment, and the bag is clearly not MINT, but you can see that some of the auction pictures show bends and creases to the bottom and corners of the bag.

This is a tough one and I have no idea how Paypal will rule. Keep us posted on your SNAD case.

The internal cardboard part of the bag is very damage... Honestly pictures doesn't really show how bad it is but you can touch and FEEL IT. i really don't have a problems with scratches or dings and dangs but the internal cardboard bottom is very important because that's were it holds my stuff... Oh my god.. why is this happening to me.. i can't function at work anymore... i just want to go home and cry =( i will call paypal now and see what my next step is...

From a UK eBayer who contacted us for a SNAD letter. Paypal told them they needed a letter from a third party for their dispute.

Thanks for the info.

The OP is in the U.S., not the U.K., and PP terms vary (sometimes a bit, sometimes a lot) from country to country. However, I checked the UK agreement, and there's nothing about third-party letters for transactions of any amount. So I'm inclined to believe that PP is not requiring third-party letters for SNAD cases based on transaction amount and that it may be asking for them under certain circumstances. I doesn't seem to be standard procedure not only because it's not listed as a requirement for SNAD coverage eligibility, nor mentioned in the instructions for filing a claim, or anywhere in the agreement, but also because IMO it doesn't make sense. But, then again, that wouldn't be the first one something PP does doesn't make much sense. :rolleyes:

Transactions involving Chanel bags have a knack for attracting scams and other problems, and I don't see that changing any time soon. So I wouldn't be surprised if PP is requiring additional info for some claims involving certain brands and circumstances.

I'm very curious why your eBayer in particular was asked for this letter. I'm gonna ask about this next time I talk to someone at PP. Thanks for telling us about this case! :biggrin:

^^The UK eBayer was not the only person to contact us needing a SNAD letter for their paypal dispute. We've also been contacted by US buyers saying that paypal required a letter. The UK eBayer was the first to explain that Paypal required a letter because of the high price of the item. But it does seem that Paypal are requiring written statements more and more for SNAD cases. Not sure their criteria about which SNAD cases need the written statements vs. others.

Thanks for the info.

The OP is in the U.S., not the U.K., and PP terms vary (sometimes a bit, sometimes a lot) from country to country. However, I checked the UK agreement, and there's nothing about third-party letters for transactions of any amount. So I'm inclined to believe that PP is not requiring third-party letters for SNAD cases based on transaction amount and that it may be asking for them under certain circumstances. I doesn't seem to be standard procedure not only because it's not listed as a requirement for SNAD coverage eligibility, nor mentioned in the instructions for filing a claim, or anywhere in the agreement, but also because IMO it doesn't make sense. But, then again, that wouldn't be the first one something PP does doesn't make much sense. :rolleyes:

Transactions involving Chanel bags have a knack for attracting scams and other problems, and I don't see that changing any time soon. So I wouldn't be surprised if PP is requiring additional info for some claims involving certain brands and circumstances.

I'm very curious why your eBayer in particular was asked for this letter. I'm gonna ask about this next time I talk to someone at PP. Thanks for telling us about this case! :biggrin:

Here is a thread that talked about PayPal asking for letter for a SNAD case involving damages to a bag:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/paypal-dispute-please-help-587071.html

I really dislike the language of the auction itself. So much negativity: Do not! Will not! So many rules, and so early in the description. I think I would have passed just on that alone.

As for the pictures, some of them definitely show the creases. I would try for the SNAD if you really can't live with the purse, but I can see it getting denied simply because she isn't hiding the fact that there are some creases. Straight on pictures of it in fact. I'd take the $200 and run!

Jen