Ladies, I have a dilemma here! Broken necklace, pictures included.

Xwan8

O.G.
Dec 2, 2009
Hi ladies,

So here is the story, I bought a lovely 10A necklace a month ago.:graucho: I didn’t wear it too much as I only had it for one month. Anyway, I was running around in the CBD visiting my clients last Friday. I felt a ‘lose’ on my neck, when I looked down, the necklace was broken and hanging on my neck. I am VERY LUCKY there were knots between those pearls. I took the necklace to the boutique immediately (I was really close to the boutique), the SA asked me to bring the receipt for replacement as she can’t find me in the system, yes she can’t find me in the system after so many purchases:confused1:!! The SA told me they won’t able to refund me unless I take store credits, so I brought the receipt and got a refund in store credits yesterday.

So here is my dilemma, should I get the same necklace again? I quite like it, however I am so afraid it will break again. Is this common? I never heard anyone had this kind of issue before. To be honest, when I paid $1500 for a necklace I expected it last LONGER than one month. :shucks: This is not the first time I have issues with the quality of Chanel products, I love Chanel so much, but...

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this happened to u. However, I do not believe this is a quality issue. It's not made with metal, it's rope so u obviously snagged it on something. That is why this necklace costs less than some other metal versions....cos it is less labor intensive to make...but it's more delicate if you snag it. If I were u, I'd get a diff necklace with metal instead of rope. I have the pearl/strass (metal links) long necklace ($1275) and I have snagged it before but no problems...and I can wear it as a belt! So, look on the bright side, for all that money u r spending, I would be thankful it broke SOONER rather than later so that Chanel will exchange for u. I know you are sad but they can be VERY fickle about things being returned and I'm suprised they didn't try to send it out for repair. Then you would have been waiting months for your new necklace back, plus be worried that it will break again. :flowers:

OMG I am so sorry that this happened to you OP! I would pick out something else...it looks like a beautiful necklace, but I think if you pick the same one, you will always be worrying about it, and you may not wear it as much, KWIM?

I am sorry you're in this predicament. We all love our Chanel, and aren't we just so sad when something goes awry with them...

This style may prove to be a bit more delicate than the chain linked pearl necklaces. Like Israeli_Flava, I have the long pearl/strass necklace and those feel sturdier. I must confess, that one's tendency is to lose a crystal in the CC charms. Just goes to show, different animal, different problem. None of it will be perfect, since I do believe they are handmade. The craftsmen are just as fallible as we are. Anyway, go with what your heart desires. That way you will enjoy using it thouroughly(and anyway Chanel backs their pieces, even better service if purchased through their boutiques). HTH, and GL.