Ladies! Help needed!

Nov 28, 2011
2 months back I ordered a vermilion Kelly in Togo from a trusted reseller. Today, my bag arrived. Now, I should be very excited but the leather looks nothing like the Togo leather that i have on my B. The grains are large like those on my clemence Evelyn's but there are veins running down the leather. Most of all the leather is very matte, so much so it has powdery feel to the hand. This is so unlike any Togo or clemence leather that I have., which have a slight sheen to them. This is making me worried. Is this normal?
The receipt states that it is Togo leather.
Honestly, the seller is trusted but I really need some assurance here due to the weird leather observations. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Togo can vary in grain size and I have found that recent Togo is more matte than formerly. And the veins are totally normal--many Togo bags have veins, which some people like (I do) and some people don't. But it is common to see veins on both Togo and Fjord. If the seller is trusted and you authenticated the bag (or even if you didn't, if the seller is truly on the okay list) I don't think you have cause for worry. I am not an expert nor an authenticator, so am just sharing my own observations, but I hope they help you to relax. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, too!

Togo can vary in grain size and I have found that recent Togo is more matte than formerly. And the veins are totally normal--many Togo bags have veins, which some people like (I do) and some people don't. But it is common to see veins on both Togo and Fjord. If the seller is trusted and you authenticated the bag (or even if you didn't, if the seller is truly on the okay list) I don't think you have cause for worry. I am not an expert nor an authenticator, so am just sharing my own observations, but I hope they help you to relax. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, too!

Mindi thanks for taking time to respond. I m aware Togo comes with veins. But its seems that what I have now is a combi of clemence ( big grains) and Togo ( veins). This plus the ultra matte finish is throwing me off to nervous land. BTW, its stamped Q.
Any chance it could b fjord? Have seen fjord IRL.
Do boutiques misquote leather type of bags on invoice? Ohh man...

Hey! Maybe with precise pictures, it could be easier for us to help you! ;)

Thanks for the kind offer. Here goes. The leather has veins which is the characteristic of togo( first pic). But grains are way larger than my Togo b (2nd pic). Last pic is to show the sheen in my Tosca b but the vermilion is completely matte which surprises me the most. I m wondering how can the same leather be so different. Thanks so much for help in advance.

Attachments

• 1408239777845.jpg
    1408239777845.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 641
  • 1408239799153.jpg
    1408239799153.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 648
  • 1408239827805.jpg
    1408239827805.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 644
I am not an H expert but your K looks like my orange K togo (which I have returned to H since). Visible vein and matte.

With H I learned that the same leather may look different from bag to bag. I have a B from 2008 in togo and that bag doesn't have veins. The only different between that "older" togo and my more recent clemence is that it's stiffer. The clemence bag is floppier even though it's newer.

More recent togo seems to have more visible vein and not as stiff...maybe it just the variation in the leather.