Ladies Dressing Rooms !!

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
Megs said:
Ok the problem I have with dressing rooms is the lighting or the mirros. I swear so many stores make sure to get lights and mirrors that make every imperfection show perfectly. I usually look in the mirror and wonder "Is this honestly how i look?!"

This only makes me flustered and red in the face... so I storm out of the stores like that because of bad dressing room lighting.

Yes, let me think it is THEIR fault and not my own!!!!!!!!!! :P

Thank you Megs for acknowledging this! I thought it was all in my head....but I swear I look different in DR mirrors than I do in my full length mirror at home.

Jan 23, 2006
pseub said:
These days I tend to take things home to try on and return if they don't fit. One pet peeve is stores that keep their dressing rooms freezing cold, or don't clean up the floor (or the piles of clothes left behind by other customers) or have lighting that's so weird or dim you can't tell how anything really looks.

Good point ! :Pseub

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
I always try on clothes before I buy them. Luckily, I've never had a SA walk in on me -- ever! But they do always come to the door, or the curtain, and call out to me "everything all right in there?" or "how are you making out?"

I guess I always try on because I hate returning things. Even though I know my size, I need to see something on me before I can decide if it's a keeper.

Barbara Black

joan estelle
Dec 7, 2006
These days I tend to take things home to try on and return if they don't fit. One pet peeve is stores that keep their dressing rooms freezing cold, or don't clean up the floor (or the piles of clothes left behind by other customers) or have lighting that's so weird or dim you can't tell how anything really looks.

What's with the lighting and mirrors in dressing rooms? I can't tell what color things are. I was looking for a blue jacket and found a great Vuitton one but when I got it home it was grey. The more expensive the store the worse the lighting. In the end you have to ask to go and look outside on the street which often means going down two floors like a jerk. And then the alarms go off and it looks like you're shop-lifitng!

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
I'm one of them. HAVE to try stuff on. But one time in a Home Depot loo.. well someone tried to rip the door off to my stall at the ladies bathroom. Literally!! She wouldn't stop. I was yelling I was in there...

Oh well. there are idiots wherever you go, whatever you do.. :yes:

Jan 25, 2006
I don't much like trying things on but if its pants or jeans I have too, i'm small but pretty hippy so bottoms don't fit me well always. I have never had a SA come into the dressing room like that, that would make me feel very uncomfortable.

Jadore

Shoe Addict
Dec 31, 2005
I am forced to try something on before I purchase it. For some reason clothing sizes for me are inconsistent for tops I can wear a size small to a size xtra large,and for pants I can wear a size 2-6!. I wish I could just wear just wear one clothing size!

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
I hate it when there isn't a mirror in the dressing room-and when you just want to sneak a glace the SA is breathing down your neck telling you how good you look in that tie-dyed poncho.