ladies! do you have a favorite bra?

now, i'm a pretty small town girl. everyone and their mother shops at victoria's secret because... well, i'm not really sure why. just today, one of my underwires cracked in HALF. i've never had that happen before, usually they just start poking through the seams at one end after a few weeks wear. what the heck? i want something better for $50.

maybe it's just me, or maybe i'm buying the wrong bra- but i know my bra size, and i'm always extra cautious with VS because i don't want to be disappointed, but i always end up so.

so, my question for all of you is: do you have a favorite bra? a particular brand you'd care to share? i'm sure i can't be the only TPFer with uncomfortable ta tas.

and please feel free to rant if you'd like :smile:

[mods, i apologize if this is in the wrong place- i didn't know where undergutchies fit in TPF.]

now, i'm a pretty small town girl. everyone and their mother shops at victoria's secret because... well, i'm not really sure why. just today, one of my underwires cracked in HALF. i've never had that happen before, usually they just start poking through the seams at one end after a few weeks wear. what the heck? i want something better for $50.

maybe it's just me, or maybe i'm buying the wrong bra- but i know my bra size, and i'm always extra cautious with VS because i don't want to be disappointed, but i always end up so.

so, my question for all of you is: do you have a favorite bra? a particular brand you'd care to share? i'm sure i can't be the only TPFer with uncomfortable ta tas.

and please feel free to rant if you'd like :smile:

[mods, i apologize if this is in the wrong place- i didn't know where undergutchies fit in TPF.]

hi! I have a loooooooong history with wearing bad bras - my true size is a 32D or a 30DD, so it's so hard to find something that actually is my size and then fits well

some recommendations:

1) Chantelle
2) Freya
3) Panache
4) Fantasie

I have bras from all four brands and I'm very very impressed...

however, they can get pricey - but Bare Necessities is great because they have sales, Her Room is also great.

for a little bit less expensive, Donna Karen and Calvin Klein are also good quality.

Victoria's Secret is VERY overrated; they don't fit well if you have larger than a B cup.

I am used to be a fan of the tripump bras until they have discontinued my favourite ones, and nothing has been able to replaced them in that brand...

so I have been trying around... I have been a true lover of the Calvin Klein perfectly fit now :smile: I am not a big fan of the push up for everyday... so these are perfect which are lightly padded with comfortable straps & wires.
http://www.cku.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3684725&cp=3001613.3001640.3001606&parentPage=family

and CK bras are very accessible at discount outlets... I got a few of them when i was shopping at Century 21 in NYC... they were like 14.00 each

I agree... VS is very overrated... it made my boobs look like a bubble.. and round... argh.. just not what I want my boobs to look like!

O ya... my coworker's little sister, who is late teen to early 20's, loves the Arie bras from American Eagle...

Last edited:
VS quality sux in my opinion. I think gap bras are great for value, cuteness and comfort . I also recommend CK perfect fit bras, very pretty and feminine. donna karan is another one, but a bit more expensive, but xtremely comfy.

I agree that VS bras are overrated. They aren't comfortable nor do they last. My fave bras are from Wacoal. They fit eperfect, very comfortable, and last a very long time.

Mine is from target too! Gilligan and OMalley perfect fit. I have bought 8 colors so far. As I've gotten more I've started wearing my other brands less and less.

I have about 8 different colors, and 4 multiples! :shame: i think one color I even have triple--I always get so paranoid that I'm never going to be able to find more if they discontinue it. Pretty excessive, but I'm like that with a lot of things.