Ladies, Do we need an RM mod, and if so who best fits the position???

Do we need an RM mod?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
:tup:Yeah I like the idea of someone cleaning up the forum, adding reference libraries, list down retailers, .... This will be a thankless tedious task and I'm grateful to anyone who volunteers to do this :flowers: (I would, but I'm technologically challenged and generally cursed around computers, and will prob end up deleting half the RM forum by accident).

In terms of moderating comments, I think so far, on an overall basis, the discussions we have are healthy and constructive. If not, one of the TF moderators would have come on board to close our threads already.

Just wanted to come add some thoughts.

We will be in the process of adding a group of mods for different parts of the forum in the next weeks. This is a decision that Vlad, myself, and the rest of the mods discuss. With the forum growing so large, we definitely need help in many areas. The board is big and help is needed :yes:

Typically a mods job is to make sure threads are in the right areas, delete spam, merge similar topics, keep people on track, keep people nice with one another, etc.

We actually much prefer to have a mod in an area that knows and loves the area. To have an outsider that knows nothing about RM come in doesn't make sense, for the reason that they do not know and love the brand. To want to spend time in a forum, you have to like what it is about, so it makes sense to have a regular poster that knows the members, knows the brand, etc. The hard part is finding someone that will moderate when needed and try to remain neutral.

So with RM growing so much, I do think we could use a moderator. We will think it over!

We will be in the process of adding a group of mods for different parts of the forum in the next weeks. This is a decision that Vlad, myself, and the rest of the mods discuss. With the forum growing so large, we definitely need help in many areas. The board is big and help is needed :yes:

Typically a mods job is to make sure threads are in the right areas, delete spam, merge similar topics, keep people on track, keep people nice with one another, etc.

We actually much prefer to have a mod in an area that knows and loves the area. To have an outsider that knows nothing about RM come in doesn't make sense, for the reason that they do not know and love the brand. To want to spend time in a forum, you have to like what it is about, so it makes sense to have a regular poster that knows the members, knows the brand, etc. The hard part is finding someone that will moderate when needed and try to remain neutral.

So with RM growing so much, I do think we could use a moderator. We will think it over!

Thank you Megs! :heart: You and Vlad are da BOMB!
f9515c4d7449d37d098c501293bdb83a9de8bd9.gif

ps. I hope your trip to Spain is going great! I can't wait to hear all about it... I also can't wait to meet you and Vlad at the SS if you guys are coming up! Wow Rebecca, our TPF powers that be, and my RM tpf chicas all in one day! This is going to rock!
2b41584f7841d170d7f25fe378ddae2d34a49f5.gif

eta: Megs, I really do think desi would be a great choice for a mod.
shy.gif

Last edited:
hey Megs. Thanks for shedding some light on this! I totally agree that a Mod needs to be interested in the forum, otherwise they'd be super bored, and not care about the tons of items we post!

Please think it over and let us know!

Also gals- I appreciate all the comments! I'd love to be a Mod, but even if i'm not, just know yall can always come to me with questions, comments, concerns, or just to say hey! I'm always glad to help, and offer any advice! :tup:

I thought Gung was the moderator.:shame: She has offered alot of information, threads and time to respond to our endless questions. Perhaps there should be two.
All I know is they all have great tastes in bags.:upsidedown:

I can see the point of having someone who already loves RM bags and visits here a lot be a mod. Makes sense in terms of having them motivated to be here often, and know about the subjects discussed.

IMO, for the role of a moderator, since they would be able to censor other people's posts and might have to calm people down from time to time on subjects they themselves have an opinion on, maybe the personality type that could be a little LESS passionate in that situation or a little less directly involved in those kinds of things might be most effective.:police::wlae:

Again, nothing against anyone else here -- I mean heck, I certainly don't fit that description myself so I am certainly not volunteering! And also some of the posts that are most fun for me to read are the passionate ones! So I think people who post those things are really valuable to the forum.

I can use an analogy from my field of work -- sometimes the very best and most persuasive attorneys who are fantastic in court and very successful and awesome to watch are highly sought after in that role, but do not make the best judges and mediators later on. (and many of them stay out of that role because they know they're better at the other one :biggrin:)

JMO and I'm sure we will all be good with whoever Megs, Vlad et all choose! :tup:

Last edited:
I agree HB.

I have a question.. do mods post all the time? I thought they put their 2 cents in here and there but were mainly behind the scenes. I might be wrong as I haven't researched this but I think I've noticed this along the way. Just curious about what role mods play in the board other than their duties as mods.

Do mods post & comment as much as the rest of us? Or will the person who is asked to mod become less active in that sense?

Just curious!! TIA

I can see the point of having someone who already loves RM bags and visits here a lot be a mod. Makes sense in terms of having them motivated to be here often, and know about the subjects discussed.

IMO, for the role of a moderator, since they would be able to censor other people's posts and might have to calm people down from time to time on subjects they themselves have an opinion on, maybe the personality type that could be a little LESS passionate in that situation or a little less directly involved in those kinds of things might be most effective.:police::wlae:

Again, nothing against anyone else here -- I mean heck, I certainly don't fit that description myself so I am certainly not volunteering! And also some of the posts that are most fun for me to read are the passionate ones! So I think people who post those things are really valuable to the forum.

I can use an analogy from my field of work -- sometimes the very best and most persuasive attorneys who are fantastic in court and very successful and awesome to watch are highly sought after in that role, but do not make the best judges and mediators later on. (and many of them stay out of that role because they know they're better at the other one :biggrin:)

JMO and I'm sure we will all be good with whoever Megs, Vlad et all choose! :tup:

i agree!
we do need a mod here and there are a few other sub forums that could use one, too. RM and BE spring to mind. those subforum's really need some organizing and tidying.:yes: