Ladies and gents - need help

Which bag???

• Large Nero Veneta

• Large Nero Tournaboni Veneta

• Bella Tote

• Wait for the Nero Cabat

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am with doloresmia on this one, K. The tournaboni is very unique and special, and if I did not already have a large nero veneta, and a matita specchio belly, I would grab it!

The price is reasonable and you can still save for a cabat later... maybe one in a different color. Since you already have an open bag, the cabat, as amazing as it is, may not be the perfect bag for you IRL... or it could be... but I would not pass up the tounaboni.

Kroquet I feel your angst! I'm going off the board to vote:

E. Wait for the right black bag! :winkiss:

I think you should put a hold on all potential SO's and purchases until you have a chance to see the cabat IRL and decide if it's the right bag for you, then you'll know if it's worth a longer wait or if not you can feel better spending $2k+/- sooner on something else. If you settle for something now then find out later you love the cabat IRL you'll be no closer to getting one.:oh:

I've been eyeing the nero cabat as well but worry about the openness issues (and hadn't even considered the cost of additional pouches :shocked:) and how the shape looks on my frame - I need to see handle one IRL but only have the opportunity 1-2 times a year too! It's difficult, emotionally, to wait, but wait I must. Boo!

On the other hand, I do feel like I've already found the PERFECT black BV and that may negate my need for a cabat (I could go for a diff color but nero is so versatile it's stuck in my brain). I thought I would introduce her to you since you asked for other suggestions. I think jburgh has one in cervo/gunmetal hardware in the reference library - this one is nappa/ottone hardware so you get the black/gold contrast, zip closure for security, and the option of satchel or shoulder carry with a removable strap. It's so wonderful I can't imagine being happier with a cabat so for me the cabat might just be a mental-pursuit, kwim? Anyway, I was absolutely committed to saving for this bag for a year, but fortunately she came sooner thanks to scary-Bay. Hopefully you find the perfect black bag FOR YOU and when you find it, it will be worth all waiting and saving, no doubts!

Here's my no-name nero BV satchel, next to a large veneta for comparison although the comparison is making it look smaller than it is....

Attachments

• nero tote and veneta.jpg
    nero tote and veneta.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 57
  • inside nero tote.jpg
    inside nero tote.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 54
my personal favorite is the classic ball bag. I did not care too much for the new ball bag and the new new ball bag is ok. I like the center stiching in the classic but....... I love the 4 outside indepentent pockets. It means never having to open your bag and search for.... cell phone....keys....sunglasses......tissues
you never have to open your bag for the things you use the most.

Just my personal favorite

Wow, thank you all for your thoughts. So many things to consider and it seems like it the top 2 choices are the Tournaboni and the Cabat. One thing I have plenty of is time! I am completely blown away by the ottone sticking out of the nero Cabat, but love the Tournaboni, too. Wish I had a store close by and I think on this one, will have to close to Houston to look at both in person.

That bag is lovely! Kind of reminds me of the LV Alma or a Bolide. The length of the handles are very nice. What a great idea!

Exactly! I've become so BV-centric I even forget other designers when trying to describe styles, but yes, the Alma or Bolide, only a lot lighter :graucho: Sorry for gushing about it, I just love it so much.

I also love the Old Ball as septembersiren suggests. I had one but gave it up for the large veneta thinking I could stuff a magazine or documents in a veneta in a pinch... but have I ever? :nogood: Great bag :girlsigh:

Really though, do try to resist one of the other bags until you try the cabat first.... worth a special trip to Houston!!