Ladies and Gents, I need your advice!

mshelen

May 19, 2010
I purchased the Berkeley Damier Ebene on January 2008 and have only used it a couple of times since. When it's not in use, I always store it in its dustbag in my wardrobe. Yesterday I took it out and noticed on all four corners of the leather bit that there was a metallic silvery colour there. Also the zipper pulls are tarnished. I have no idea how this could happen as I baby all my bags :sad:. I have a friend who also purchased the Berkeley about the same time I did and have not had any problems. I see people with more than 5 year old Damier items and they still look brand new.

There are some photos below.. sorry for the crappy quality though! :smile:

So, what do you think I should do?
Thank you in advance!!

Berkeley1.jpg

Berkeley2.jpg

shalomjude

O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
I would take it to LV and see what they say .. I had the same tarnish on my motard pochette hardware and the SA used a cloth to remove it. I think it occurs from storing it for a period of time. Good Luck:smile:

mballen

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
I think the tarnishing is normal - just from being stored and not used. You should be able to polish that off.

But, I would probably take it in to LV to ask about the silvery color. It seems odd to me.

Jul 3, 2006
I think the tarnishing is normal - just from being stored and not used. You should be able to polish that off.

But, I would probably take it in to LV to ask about the silvery color. It seems odd to me.

The silvery color is simply because all LV hardware is no longer brass. It's just lightly gold colored silver metal. All LV hardware and zippers will now turn silver. It's just a matter of time. Quality changes since the company left the hands of the family at the time of the merger. I still love LV, but it's sad.

Hucci

Feb 27, 2011
^^^ that is so sad that LV's hardware is no longer brass. How much more expensive would it be to use all brass hardware anyways? It's very sad that LV no longer means enduring quality