Lack of Laptop Bags

Kirkland

Jan 25, 2016
I really think LV and all the other luxury brands are missing a huge opportunity here. Very few bags for both men and women have laptop inserts designed specifically to hold my laptop. Yet the majority of 20-40 yo out there lug their laptop everywhere. I really liked the old LV laptop bags with hard binding to protect my laptop (cupertino or the steeve) as they were both functional and aesthetically pleasing. But now, I feel like functionality has been abandoned for pure aesthetics.

As a man, I cannot carry 99% of their bags as they are not practical for my daily needs by not having a laptop insert or just don't look professional enough to carry around the hospital. I am a med student and people would laugh me out of the hospital or the clinics just purely based on the designs.

The closet bag that they sell that meets my needs is the overnight, but I am waiting for them to make it in the eclipse monogram, as that is my new favorite print. I like the size as I can actually store stuff in there and it looks professional to where I could take it into a meeting. I would also like to buy a presidente brief case, but I don't carry around papers (hippa violations et al) and there is no laptop insert.

What are your thoughts? Are you a professional who uses a laptop? Do you have these 1st world problems like I do, or am I completely off base? I would also love to hear about women's perspectives as I see a lot of them just put their laptops in their neverfulls.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
I carry my MacBook Pro every day in all my LV bags. Some have the laptop insert (like my Clarence in Mono Macassar) and others don't. It makes no difference to me since I use a laptop sleeve when needed.

I think the Président briefcase is a beautiful piece, but, to be honest, unless one is a CEO with a private jet, that bag looks a bit overkill... :biggrin:

Redenkeew

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
North Pole
I carry my MacBook Pro every day in all my LV bags, it makes no difference to me since I use a laptop sleeve when needed.

I think the Président briefcase is a beautiful piece, but, to be honest, unless one is a CEO with a private jet, that bag looks a bit overkill... :biggrin:
+1 :tup:

Last edited: