Lacing on the handles..

xcrowx22

Jul 10, 2006
First, I'd like to say I can't get enough of this place.

Second, what material is the lacing on the handles? Do any of you worry about it ripping or wearing down from rubbing on your arms/shoulders?

I always thought it was shoelace LOL ...?? I'd like to know too!

I worry about the lace on my Vert D'eau turning black from dirt/wear, but not about it ripping or wearing down.

I always thought it was shoelace LOL ...?? I'd like to know too!

I worry about the lace on my Vert D'eau turning black from dirt/wear, but not about it ripping or wearing down.

That's what I thought too! Before I got mine, I always thought it was made of really nice material or something, but when I saw it in person, I was like, "What the heck is this..?" lol

LOL, I am fighting to keep the "laces" on my white work clean.

I have actually used a little Oxy Clean on a toothbrush to brighten them up!

Before I got my City I thought that the lacing would be leather but you girls are right, it is more like a shoelace.

Because I only have Black I don't worry about it getting dirty and I have never really considered it doing any damage.

I don't know either :confused1:. I agree with everyone else I thought it was made out of something really nice and it does kind of look like a shoelace.

Somehow I managed to rip the material in four places on one of the handles of my most-used bag. It looks awful.

I'm going to try and get it repaired by Balenciaga.

^oh no! i didn't even think about it becoming fluffy... that could be a problem...

Balenciaga handles [on the lighter bags] aren't really user friendly, are they? lol

I've been using mine nonstop since last Friday (I only got it on Thursday), and it's already gotten a bit fluffy. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but I can't help but think that it's only going to get worse as I use it more.

I wonder if there's anything we can do to prevent it from being damaged instead of just letting it happen?