Lace dress

lace is hard to pull off imo... I would consider it a very trendy/seasonal piece.

It only works well if you're very young (like 10 y.o.). Kids can wear lace and no matter how they wear it, they still look cute :P

I think it depends a lot on the cut, but I saw some really cute combinations dressed both up and down (e.g. with a denim jacket/shirt over top) and that looked great, actually!

I think it's all in the cut/style. I have a few DVF lace dresses that are very classy, fit well and make me feel great! Classic and timeless!

This is my favorite one (own it in the charcoal pictured as well as navy):

http://www.barneys.com/Zarita-Dress/501597546,default,pd.html?cgid=BARNEYS

I also recently got a trendy, orangey red lace French Connection dress, which has more of a fun, flirty vibe, so I wouldn't call that seasonless, but I'm okay with that.

Last edited:
It's over the knee, cream, short sleeve dress. I'll go back to the store and take a photo. I guess it's more appropriate for like a spring event, or wedding or a day party. I just fell in love with it when I tried it on. I think I'll get it. lol

It's over the knee, cream, short sleeve dress. I'll go back to the store and take a photo. I guess it's more appropriate for like a spring event, or wedding or a day party. I just fell in love with it when I tried it on. I think I'll get it. lol

It does seem (from the description) more appropriate for a spring event, but not a wedding. It's never appropriate to wear white or cream to a wedding (or wedding event for that matter). White is the bride's color, and wearing it can be seen as trying to upsatge the bride.

I have a black lace sheath dress that has a matching slip underneath (2 parts) that I love and it gets lots of wear. I can belt it, put a blazer with it, basically make it dressy or a little casual (wedding or out to dinner).

I think it depends on the cut, color and how much "bare" lace there is. If it's a simple cut then I think it can be classic. I have a few everyday dresses (in fact I'm wearing one now!) that are lace-overlay in a more plain material and I don't think it's too dressy. In fact you can barely tell its lace from a distance. The effect doesn't scream lace - it's more like a detail you eventually notice. So I think it depends on what kind of look you're going for. Lace can be classy or it can be trampy depending!