Labor day weekend sample sales in NYC!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I will be going to NYC for labor day weekend, if you know of any upcoming sample sales (bags, clothes, housewares), can you please list them in this thread?

:tup::drool:

T4P .

2. I highly recommend renting a car and driving out to Woodbury Common outlets. The traffic is horrendous-- go really early and try to avoid that road through the park, but the stores offer GREAT discounts for Labor Day weekend.

Other than that, NYC is pretty dead during Labor Day weekend. Most people tend to leave town.

3. you could go to the barney's sale... but according to that thread it's terrible :sad:

i second the woodbury common recommendation... if you sign up for the VIP online program (it's free) you get an additional book of coupons, plus you can preview the sales and stuff...

https://www.premiumoutlets.com/vip/
    http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/sales.asp?id=7

4. What kind of stuff do they have there? Do they carry newly released Bottega Veneta Limited Edition bags? ( I know it is a longshot).

5. OMG, Woodbury is a madhouse on 3 day weekends! you couldn't PAY me to go there!!!!

The traffic won't be so bad if you go sat or sun, as both the city and the suburbs will be pretty empty as tons of people go away. (Makes me happy bc parking spaces are plentiful on the weekends during the summer!!)

6. Haha, nice try. No, but the Bottega Veneta store on 5th Avenue might :smile: Stuff that makes it to the outlets are usually 1/2 a season behind (or more).

7. Oh, well. I knew it was a reach. I will be checking out the 5th ave store but the only thing I want is the LE Montaigne leopard bag and I would buy that from NM before I would buy it from BV store. At least it would be returnable should my sick conscience win out over my complete disregard for my budget.

8. this is a very good suggestion. be prepared for crowds and lines though!

9. Depending on when you are coming/leaving, here are a few:

Yaya Aflalo-Aug. 26-28. Tues., 8 a.m.-8 p.m.; Wed. & Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
    145 W. 18th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves
    i don't know how the deals are going to be bc it's supposedly their first sample sale.

Mulberry- Aug. 27-28. Wed. & Thurs., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
    Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves.
    75% off bags and ready to wear

Temperley London- Aug. 27-30. Wed., 8 a.m.-8 p.m.; Thurs. & Fri., 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat., 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
    453 Broome St., at Mercer St., 2nd flr. (212-219-2929).
    up to 70% off dresses, coats, and tops

Intermix- Aug. 26-28. Tues.-Thurs., 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
    Metropolitan Pavilion, 110 W. 19th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves
    (near the mul. sale) up to 70% off various brands

Mai Cashmere- Sept. 2-5. Tues.-Fri., 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
    48 W. 39th St., b/t Fifth & Sixth Aves. (212-719-3888).
    only $40 for cashmere tees (reg. $325), V-necks (reg. $325), and drawstring pants (reg., $425) + furniture from s. pacific.

Showroom Seven- Sept. 2-17. Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
    263 Eleventh Ave., b/t 27th & 28th Sts.
    Orla Kiely pullovers, Erickson Beamon jewelry, Bloch London ballet flats, A&G cashmere, and Tony Cohen dresses

HTH!

10. Dang! I'm going to miss the ya-ya sale too!

11. thank you.....:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

12. Ooo if anyone goes to the Mulberry or the Intermix sales, can you give a report back? I can't go but I'd love to hear more...

I've been trying to snag a Herve Leger dress for a reasonable price for the longest... I figure an intermix sample sale is my only chance to do it :Push: lol

13. Hi mememeow,

This just came across my desk :smile:

Scoop is a boutique that sells a collection of trendy stuff like DVF, designer jeans, etc. Might be worth checking out while you are here!

What: Scoop Labor Day Sale
    Where: every location; Soho: 473-475 Broadway (btw Broome/Grand Sts) 212-925-3539; UES: 1273-1277 Third Ave. (btw 73/74th Sts) 212-535-5577; Meatpacking: 861 Washington St. @ W. 13th St. 212-691-1905
    When: Friday, 8/29 - Monday, 9/1, normal operating hours
    How: HopStop it!