Label360 willing to custom order bags AND discount 25%!!! - I'm in for a wine nikki!

AKA- i think it'll be possible if they get 10 orders! most of us made all our orders thru RM directly, so i hope there are still 10 ladies who haven't ordered that will be in! I ordered a wine matinee and Nikki. I'd appreciate a discount on atleast one of them

She had 3 orders for the Nikkin in wine but this board seems to be growing by leaps and bounds so I think it is possible!!!!

snuffles! you may get 20 pple for the nikki! LOL that would be awesome! btw! I love your disclaimer. I don't think anyone will kill you! Its a nice gesture you are putting out for us, which you didn't have too! So if it doesn't work, then we love you for trying ;)

I would be in for a black basket weave MAM.

I think it's great but I really wonder if RM would make bags for label for a 25% discount knowing that they just took over 40 orders at retail?

Snuffles - very nice of you to post about this!

Hmm...if I hadn't had to pay full price for the Wine Matinee I ordered directly from RM, I probably could've worked out getting a Wine Nikki as well. Desi - I appreciate you contacting Catalina about getting a kickback after this new offer came up, but I won't hold my breath.

By the way, I don't understand how Label360 could get in trouble for offering 25% off, even for sprecial orders. Granted, I don't have experience in the retail fashion market. I would think RM would charge their resale clients 'x' price for a bag with a certain price as an SRP($600, in the case of the Nikki). Now, whether Label wants to charge $600 and make their full profit or wants to give 25% off, and cut into profits - isn't that up to them - unless their under some sort of contract? Maybe someone who has some experience in this facet of the retail market can elaborate. :confused1:

I could however see Catalina getting a little frustrated dealing with all the e-mails from people who've already ordered from her - then finding out that they could've saved 25%. :Push:

I'm sure they will still make a profit at 25% off. What designers sell at retail to customers, and what they send to the stores is definitely not the same!

The retail price is set by the designers though, and thats why you'll see the bags be the same price everywhere.

This is what I was thinking too. I thought Label's profits would be getting cut into since they buy the bags directly from RM. I agree with desi that a company is still able to maintain a margin of profit while still offering a code. Also online stores have lower costs than a brick/mortar store.

In this case since these bags are special order Label would be in direct competition with RM.com.

But at the same time, I think if RM cares about her fans she would also be interested in making her bags accessible.

Snuffles - very nice of you to post about this!

Hmm...if I hadn't had to pay full price for the Wine Matinee I ordered directly from RM, I probably could've worked out getting a Wine Nikki as well. Desi - I appreciate you contacting Catalina about getting a kickback after this new offer came up, but I won't hold my breath.

By the way, I don't understand how Label360 could get in trouble for offering 25% off, even for sprecial orders. Granted, I don't have experience in the retail fashion market. I would think RM would charge their resale clients 'x' price for a bag with a certain price as an SRP($600, in the case of the Nikki). Now, whether Label wants to charge $600 and make their full profit or wants to give 25% off, and cut into profits - isn't that up to them - unless their under some sort of contract? Maybe someone who has some experience in this facet of the retail market can elaborate. :confused1:

I could however see Catalina getting a little frustrated dealing with all the e-mails from people who've already ordered from her - then finding out that they could've saved 25%. :Push:

That's exactly what I was getting at, Desi.

I was just a little confused about why it was suggested that RM wouldn't produce these bags for Label, knowing they gave 25% off. The designers are gonna sell at their SRP in their webstores, but of course it's obvious that no business pays their wholesaler retail price - or no one would be in business. And I *know* they have to still be making decent change on 25% off.

^^See, that's what my post was sort of about, that maybe someone could answer for me. Wouldn't that be Label's profits being cut - not RM's?

It was my understanding that label wanted to ask about the discount maybe I misread. But RM is making more money selling her bags to us at full retail than she will be selling whoelsale to a re-seller so why would they sell bags to the re-seller for less money when RM could sell for full retail?

Label 360 can do whatever they want after they have purchased bags.

I was just a little confused about why it was suggested that RM wouldn't produce these bags for Label, knowing they gave 25% off. The designers are gonna sell at their SRP in their webstores, but of course it's obvious that no business pays their wholesaler retail price - or no one would be in business. And I *know* they have to still be making decent change on 25% off.

I guess the confusion arose since the wine bags are special pre-orders that are normally not part of Label 360's inventory. We think that there might be a chance that if they do allow wines to be ordered through Label360 that comes at the risk of several unhappy TPFers that ordered their wines full price just two weeks from Catalina.

Why sell 10 bags at $200ec to re-sller when you can get full retail of $600 for them? They know there is huge demand for them.