Label Falling Off of Bandeau?

May 3, 2011
So I have a tropical flower bandeau that I purchased a few months ago, I was going to wear it today but I discovered that the care / brand label is halfway falling off the bandeau. Now, normally I would get someone to mend this as I think only a simple stitch is needed, but with a LV bandeau, I don't want other people "touching" the scarf for authenticity reason.

Do you think it's a bit much to call LV and ask if they would repair it for me, even though this is only a very very minor issue? I have only worn the bandeau once before today.

I wonder if is meant to come off before you wear them. It looks odd to have a label hanging out. I have Coach bandeaus and the labels they are meant to be removed.

Hmm I wonder - the label doesn't bother me when I'm wearing it. What bothers me is if I, one day, decide to sell the bandeau and the label isn't there - consignment places might raise authenticity issues regarding it?

They are only attached on by a couple of Threads, and it's normal for the tag/label to fall off. If it falls off, simply put the tag/label aside in the box and don't worry about it. If later you decide to sell it, then take it to LV to have it re-stitched on again. But if you have it stitched back on again before you sell it, don't expect it to stay attached. My Opinion, wait until if and when you decide to sell before you have it stitched on again.

Hmm I wonder - the label doesn't bother me when I'm wearing it. What bothers me is if I, one day, decide to sell the bandeau and the label isn't there - consignment places might raise authenticity issues regarding it?

That is true. I didn't think of selling it so I haven't thought of that issue. Make sure to keep the label.

So I have a tropical flower bandeau that I purchased a few months ago, I was going to wear it today but I discovered that the care / brand label is halfway falling off the bandeau. Now, normally I would get someone to mend this as I think only a simple stitch is needed, but with a LV bandeau, I don't want other people "touching" the scarf for authenticity reason.

Do you think it's a bit much to call LV and ask if they would repair it for me, even though this is only a very very minor issue? I have only worn the bandeau once before today.

Is your tag square or rectangular shape? My SA told me the older bandeaus with the rectangular shape is meant to stay on so it is stitched tighter. The newer ones that have a bigger square shape are meant to be taken off. That is why they are barely stitched on. Hth

I don't think they are meant to stay on as the previous poster stated.

If there is a concern about resale in the future, I would just keep the tag in the original box along with the receipt and etc. However I'm pretty sure the bandeaus can be authenticated without the little tag.