La Prairie Makeup

imgg

O.G.
Jul 26, 2006
I was in SF yesterday and picked up this collection while at Saks. Raychel Wade, the ambassador for this collection, was there and did my makeup. I just love it! My husband who never says anything about my makeup commented on how good it looked when I got home.

I wasn't planning on getting anything, just passing through, but the SA attacked me and I was going to say no thanks, but her lips looked so amazing, I agreed for a mini makeover. I love pinks, and this looks so much better on than in the containers. My first time using LP makeup. Goes on like a dream.

Anyone else here use LP makeup? It's so expensive!

http://blog.neimanmarcus.com/womens/creamblush

Your links aren't working for me, but no I haven't tried this line.

I've heard great reviews about the lipsticks and eyeshadows, but I just don't see myself spending that much on make up.

I'm not sure what happened to the links. It's the bouquet de jardin collection. Really love how it looks on. Light, natural but feminine with a nice glow. Loved the lips and cheeks at the store, but wasn't sure about the eyeshadow. Now that I got it home, I am really glad I got it. I didn't ask the prices when I bought it and was shocked how much it was. The blush was $70! That being said in the past week I spent $35 each on two cream blush that I don't like. I love the LP cream blush so I guess it was worth the price.

I spent $60 on Giorgio Armani's cream blush for the past few years and I only use one of the two colors it comes with. So I guess the $70 is not so bad considering I can use the whole thing.

Now I am considering the facial creams....but the prices are crazy. Think I would rather invest in botox than $600 for facial cream. I thought La Mer was high!

I really love the colors and texture, but I am sure there is something similar that is less money if you didn't want to spend that kind of $$ on cosmetics. I usually don't get excited over makeup, but must say I'm loving it so far.

Maybe this link will work...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/la-prairie-bouquet-de-jardin-summer-collection/3193934

I'm not sure what happened to the links. It's the bouquet de jardin collection. Really love how it looks on. Light, natural but feminine with a nice glow. Loved the lips and cheeks at the store, but wasn't sure about the eyeshadow. Now that I got it home, I am really glad I got it. I didn't ask the prices when I bought it and was shocked how much it was. The blush was $70! That being said in the past week I spent $35 each on two cream blush that I don't like. I love the LP cream blush so I guess it was worth the price.

I spent $60 on Giorgio Armani's cream blush for the past few years and I only use one of the two colors it comes with. So I guess the $70 is not so bad considering I can use the whole thing.

Now I am considering the facial creams....but the prices are crazy. Think I would rather invest in botox than $600 for facial cream. I thought La Mer was high!

I really love the colors and texture, but I am sure there is something similar that is less money if you didn't want to spend that kind of $$ on cosmetics. I usually don't get excited over makeup, but must say I'm loving it so far.

Maybe this link will work...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/la-prairie-bouquet-de-jardin-summer-collection/3193934

I love LP cream blush. The case is nice too. Enjoy! They make great foundation too.

Thanks, this link works!

I agree there are so many products we purchase that we just don't use. This line takes commitment! Well, I may venture a lipstick one day ... :P

These are the products I have tried from the brand...mostly samples from a generous SA

White Caviar Illuminating line - seemed ok but didn't see a huge improvement
Advanced Marine Biology line - really disliked it!
Foam Cleanser - bought it but returned it
Cellular Treatment Satin Foundation - really liked - I've been through 2 bottles of it.
Cellular Lip Color - really liked!
Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation - too thick for my liking
Cellular Treatment Illuminating Face Powder - Soft Glow - bought it but returned
Cellular Treatment Rose Illusion Line Filler - tried it as a primer but wasn't impressed
Cellular 3-Minute Peel - not a huge improvement

I got a make over and the SA used the cream blush and I really liked it but couldn't see myself spending $70 for a blush.

These are the products I have tried from the brand...mostly samples from a generous SA

White Caviar Illuminating line - seemed ok but didn't see a huge improvement
Advanced Marine Biology line - really disliked it!
Foam Cleanser - bought it but returned it
Cellular Treatment Satin Foundation - really liked - I've been through 2 bottles of it.
Cellular Lip Color - really liked!
Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation - too thick for my liking
Cellular Treatment Illuminating Face Powder - Soft Glow - bought it but returned
Cellular Treatment Rose Illusion Line Filler - tried it as a primer but wasn't impressed
Cellular 3-Minute Peel - not a huge improvement

I got a make over and the SA used the cream blush and I really liked it but couldn't see myself spending $70 for a blush.

That was the one product the makeup artist said she couldn't live without. I was considering trying that and the lip plumper, which also got good reviews. I hate paying for the name, I just want it to work. I switch between medical grade products and luxury products for the face. I always seem to go back to La Mer. Not because I get miraculous results. I love how it absorbs and my face always seem to just look better when using them. Maybe I'll stick with LM. Was seriously considering the 3 minute peel...maybe I'll hold off. Thanks for your reviews!

I have tried the caviar foundation years ago and loved it a lot. It had great coverage for my acne and looked natural.

Now, I use and love very much the loose powder that comes with a travel jar and I really love the cream blush in peach glow. It doesn't clog your pores, and looks very natural. I also like to dab some on my lips.

I use Chanel ultra correction but am considering switching to la prairie. My SA at Neimans gave me some samples. I bought the concealer/foundation duo to try and see how I like it. Yes it's expensive but if it makes a difference I'll go with it. I'm 36 and want to prevent wrinkles as long as I can. What do you guys think?!