La Mer-The Eye Balm

Dec 14, 2006
Has anyone used this? I was recently given a full size of this as a present by my aunt and I got super excited. Well, much to my disappointment this seems to be the most negatively reviewed La Mer item. Also, the instructions say you have to use it under the regular La Mer creme. It's a $130 eye cream, it should be used on its own! I'm going to keep using it just for the hell of it, but I was also hoping someone here had a positive experience.

I have never tried this eye cream. Since you got it for free and you don't seem to be having a negative reaction I would continue to use it. I just tried a new eye cream that had a soso review elsewhere, but three days of using it so far I really like mine.

I've never used the eye balm, and I was actually curious about it when I went to La Mer to buy foundation. The SA that was helping me said that the regular La Mer creme doubles as eye cream, so I didn't even ask for a sample. Since you got it as a gift, I would just use it on its own and see how it works out. You never know, you might like it.

I went to a La Mer event a couple of night ago and got a free mini I only started using it yesterday so I don't have any feedback on it yet. I just wanted to pass on what I told about usage the lady explained how to use them, it was bascially three dots on the bone of the eye socket (lower) then go around the eye anti clockwise.
she said to go above the brow only circle the eye 3 times no more and no need to rub on the skin of the eye it will stress it and the skin works like a tissue soaking up from where you applied