La Mer or SK II for comb. skin?

Nov 25, 2006
I have comb. skin-never used to have any prob with my face but had this crazy sudden breakout during winter. Mostly have calmed down but just some bumps on one side -of my face. I don't wear makeup and I currently use La mer gel cream version.
I am looking@ La Mer Radiant Infusion and SKII facial treatment essence, which one was better for you?
Also looking @La mer oil absorbing lotion-worth it? or is it just like Clinique's moisturizing gel?:smile:

Thanks

I have comb. skin-never used to have any prob with my face but had this crazy sudden breakout during winter. Mostly have calmed down but just some bumps on one side -of my face. I don't wear makeup and I currently use La mer gel cream version.
I am looking@ La Mer Radiant Infusion and SKII facial treatment essence, which one was better for you?
Also looking @La mer oil absorbing lotion-worth it? or is it just like Clinique's moisturizing gel?:smile:

Thanks

i've used both, and i prefer la mer's radiant infusion by far. after regularly using la mer's radiant infusion, i can see and feel a difference in the condition and texture of my skin, whereas with sk-ii's facial treatment essence (which i used for quite a while) i feel like it's not really doing anything for my face at all, plus it's pricey and smells funky.

la mer's oil absorbing lotion and clinique's moisturizing gel are VERY different, although i happen to like both products. i'd say clinique's gel is more like the la mer gel cream than then oil absorbing lotion. i actually found the oil absorbing lotion to be a tiny bit drying, probably because when i was using it it was mid-winter and my skin was at its dryest! it's great for sucking up the oilies if you have oily skin, but i found that it just didn't provide enough moisture for me. i prefer the regular lotion, but that would probably aggravate your breakouts :faint:.

Thanks I'm going to continue gel cream not the oil absorbing lotion. Was the radiant infusion oily for you at all? or just hydrating ?

the radiant infusion's not oily at all--not like the hydrating infusion which is a little sticky and pretty hydrating and makes me oily midday. the radiant infusion's got a watery consistency (it's like a thick water if that makes any sense) and just soothes/calms my skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft. i really love it :tup:

Since your skin is combination, I would recommend SKII Facial Clear Solution which helps balance out the oily and drier parts of your skin. I like this product, and even after finishing a bottle, my skin doesn't seem to produce as much oil as it used to.

[vogue];7793825 said:
Since your skin is combination, I would recommend SKII Facial Clear Solution which helps balance out the oily and drier parts of your skin. I like this product, and even after finishing a bottle, my skin doesn't seem to produce as much oil as it used to.

i would second this. it was formulated for acne-prone skin so if you're having trouble with breakouts, this might help. i used up almost a full bottle of this which is saying a lot (i never finish anything), but at some point it just wasn't moisturizing enough for me.

If you really want an essence / serum to add on, I wouldn't recommend SKII's Facial Treatment Essence. What I mentioned earlier was the SKII Facial Clear Solution, which is essentially a moisturizer for an oilier complexion.

It really depends on what kind of 'serum' you are looking for. If it's for brightening and eliminating pigmentation, I would recommend Skinceuticals' Phyto+.

Personally, I've tried and tested the La Mer versions, and honestly dislike it as after using the entire bottle, there was no improvement. I used the last quarter of the bottle as a neck moisturizer.