La Haute Maroquinerie

bobobob

O.G.
Nov 1, 2008
I was reading this blog : In LVoe with Louis Vuitton and came up to this.
"Ever feel sometimes that there is an LV boutique in every mall and you practically see someone carrying one just around the corner? Well for those of you that lust for the über exclusive, Louis Vuitton has introduced La Haute Maroquinerie which literally means, high leather goods. The Salon de Haute Maroquinerie (only a few stores will have this) is a section of the boutique where customers can special order bags, choosing from eight different types of leathers or skins, 26 colors and five shapes. The bags are the New Lockit, East-West Lockit, Noe and two new shapes, the Trapeze and Berlingot. First introduced for the re-opening of the Milan boutique this past September, they are LV's way to bring back the mystique of an exclusive piece from their atelier. Judging from the high price tag (€5,000 to €15,000), they are mostly likely hand stitched by artisans and only using the finest of the world' leathers."

Attachments

• vuitton haute maroquinerie.jpg
    vuitton haute maroquinerie.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,619
  • vuitton berlingot.jpg
    vuitton berlingot.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,473
  • vuitton trapeze.jpg
    vuitton trapeze.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,469
They are nice. But I don't understand why this...and stop special orders. They are the same thing;but now LV will do anything for the right price...like 30% markup wasn't fair. I am sure people will buy them but they are still exclusive items that will remain in the category of Sac Louis.....

Hmm....I thinks this is LVs way of aligning themselves along the same lines of Hermes and Chanel which makes sense. After all, LV reputation lies with its luxury products and if it wants to keep up with the competition, it has to offer a variety of bags in different lines at different price points. IMO, this is a great way for LV to maintain their reputation as one of the world's leading manufacturer of luxury goods.

Hmm....I thinks this is LVs way of aligning themselves along the same lines of Hermes and Chanel which makes sense. After all, LV reputation lies with its luxury products and if it wants to keep up with the competition, it has to offer a variety of bags in different lines at different price points. IMO, this is a great way for LV to maintain their reputation as one of the world's leading manufacturer of luxury goods.

ITA.

Lv has moved from luxury for exclusive to luxury for masses... This looks like an attempt to win the top notch customers that went to H back.

They are nice. But I don't understand why this...and stop special orders. They are the same thing;but now LV will do anything for the right price...like 30% markup wasn't fair. I am sure people will buy them but they are still exclusive items that will remain in the category of Sac Louis.....

Exactly! They're targeting the Sac Louis customer, the VIP. These are not bags for the bulk of LV customers.

Exactly! They're targeting the Sac Louis customer, the VIP. These are not bags for the bulk of LV customers.

Yeah...same concept with the exotic leather Almas. LV is now trying to get to the highest end of "high end", like Hermes and Chanel. I wonder if this is a prelude to another price increase?

^^Probably not. It seems that LV is specifically marketing these bags to their highest-end customers. I wouldn't be surprised if they release Speedys, Almas, and Papillons in this line of various leathers in various colors.

I saw them at the new Sydney store. My DH wants to order me one for my 40th next year. I would like one but am soooo confused about which one I like the most.
The starting price for the small Noe type bag is $8000 AUD, but it depends on the leather you choose & the lining. This is the one I am considering. It takes about 6 months to make from the order date.
My DH & I will be making an appointment to visit the store in February & they will run through the choices for me. I will let you know how I go.