L.A. Satchel: What's it about?

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Omg, I've been looking at posts and all your gorgeous bags. Sigh. :P

So, who's got an L.A. Satchel -- and what's this bag about?
And, do we like Cafe Latte or Chestnut Shimmer?

Since I haven't been around tpf in years it seems, I don't know about this style, or these leathers. Please opine! :thinking:

I'm looking for super light and smooshy leather. I'm also prone to light weight bags, don't want a lot of hardware. The L.A. Satchel seems more minimal than the NY satchel...

And what about the Milan satchel...? Oh dear, here I go! Back in the BE world!

I have a Madrid in the Chestnut shimmer leather and it is lightweight but please be warned it is prone to scuffs and scratches. I happen to love it. I love the 'round the world look that this leather takes on as it is worn. (the warm grey shimmer has the same quality) Now it all blends in with the varigated tone of the leather IMHO.

I do not have a LA tote, but I love the look, for sure!

Just wanted you to know that if you are looking for a leather that holds its' pristine look, like a pebbled this does not have that quality. It is slouchy and yummy and light and broken in from the moment it arrives :smile:

TG, I have the LA Satchel in Cafe Latte. I find it quite light, not as heavy as BEs original pebbled leathers. It is very smooshy already and just collapses in a puddle. It has very handy outside pockets for stuff that you want to grab quickly, is roomy enough on the inside to carry quite a bit of stuff and looks good worn over the shoulder or in the hand. You can also carry it crossbody but that doesn't showcase the style at its best. Still, it is good to be able to go handsfree if necessary.

The colour is wonderful - makes me want to eat it!

VanBod1525 said:
TG, I have the LA Satchel in Cafe Latte. I find it quite light, not as heavy as BEs original pebbled leathers. It is very smooshy already and just collapses in a puddle. It has very handy outside pockets for stuff that you want to grab quickly, is roomy enough on the inside to carry quite a bit of stuff and looks good worn over the shoulder or in the hand. You can also carry it crossbody but that doesn't showcase the style at its best. Still, it is good to be able to go handsfree if necessary.

The colour is wonderful - makes me want to eat it!

Thank you vanBod! I am looking forward to owning the L.A. In the near future.

Well,as you know from another thread...I ordered an L.A. Satchel in Black Matte Velvet. So I guess I figured out what the style was about.... ha ha! And it is MY style!!!! I love all the pictures of your LA Satchels that I've been able to find. Looks so smooshy chic. Yay!

What is the handle length on this one? How does it look on the shoulder?

Or is only possible to put this one comfortably on the shoulder via the longer shoulder strap?

^^^^Great to know. I see you have a black one in your profile pic, what about the cornflower blue do you have a pic? What leather is the cornflower blue? I hope this bag isn't heavy. Is it heavy? I need lightness!

How is the chevre bubbled leather? That's what my new BEC Stroke Me will be, but in tan bubble chevre. Please tell me it is soft and slouchy. I do not want it to be thick and chewy, if you kwim.

I am hoping that this L.A. will be the big winner for me. I love the LV Speedy shape, and especially in the Epi leather. The great thing about BE's L.A. Tote is that it has a shoulder strap, and I have a feeling I will love the slouchy look of this bag when worn cross body. Do you have any modeling pix you can put up?

TG - here is a pic of Hildie's lovely cornflower blue LA Satchel. I think this leather was a supersoft matte.

Yup, it is the supersoft matte! I have stockholm in the same.:smile: Actually just the mention of it makes me want to pull it out and use it some. But it is not the most forgiving leather in the rain and snow. Maybe it'll go with me tomorrow...I'll be indoors all day!