L.A.M.B. - In the rain?

enshogirl

O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
Well, I HAD to bring my new Ombre Checkerboard Exeter to work today, but it looks like it's going to start to downpour...

I've never had a problem with my Cheetah Commodore in the rain, but the Ombre Checkerboard leather is different...

Should I be concerned with water getting on the leather?

Hmm, well I'm not familiar with the leather on the Ombre Checkerboard but I have never noticed any damage to my LAMB bags in the rain. I have both sig with regular leather and patent. In fact, if I plan on carrying a non-LAMB leather bag and then I find out it's going to rain I will switch to one of my LAMB signature bags.

LAMB bags i take out in the rain all the time. I don't think the ombre checkerboard would be any diffferent... I use my lambies in the rain... after the rasta mandeville fisaco. I also have been using sneaker protectant as well

If I knew it was going to rain I would try and protect the leather parts on the checkerboard. The leather is light colored, so water stains would show more prominently. Not to mention the leather part of an exeter is larger than on most of the bags. The canvas of course isn't a problem, but I would watch out for the leather. Maybe I just baby my bags too much though :shrugs:

Thanks everyone!

I was worried because the Nordstrom site said the bag had vachetta leather. When I think of vachetta my mind immediately goes to LV-land and I know LV vachetta will spot in the rain.

I want to keep my exeter looking good. I don't think I'll chance it! D:

Thanks everyone!

I was worried because the Nordstrom site said the bag had vachetta leather. When I think of vachetta my mind immediately goes to LV-land and I know LV vachetta will spot in the rain.

I want to keep my exeter looking good. I don't think I'll chance it! D:

I have the checkerboard exeter too, and personally I would be protecting that baby like nothing else if it started to rain! The leather looks somewhat delicate, I could imagine rain could do a good amount of damage. Be careful!

mmm now i am wondering if i should treat the bag with the protectent if it has vachetta leather... but it seems to have honey out a bit... UH i think if does have vachetta the patina will rock cause then the leather will look a bit ombre too!

mmm now i am wondering if i should treat the bag with the protectent if it has vachetta leather... but it seems to have honey out a bit... UH i think if does have vachetta the patina will rock cause then the leather will look a bit ombre too!

I got my ombre checkerboard on ebay and it's alreay starting to patina. The bottom is lighter then the top. Heh - it is like ombre leather! XD