L.A.M.B. Challenge

Luna

wheeeee
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Ok, I thought about this last night before I fell asleep and decided it was a sort of OK idea.

Soooo, Since around Oct-Nov of last year, I've been obsessed with LAMB, of course. But I still have a collection of really nice OTHER bags that have been very neglected in the past few months. since January, I think I've only worn my lambies with the exception of my Celine tote which sometimes I throw in there because it's so useful and I love it....

Here's the challenge...
In the next few weeks I'm going to try to pack my LAMBs away, as much as I love them, and try to use my other bags which I haven't used in... forever.

Right now I have 5 lambs that I use, which honestly takes up about 10% of my collection...

I don't really know what's going to be harder, being on a ban, or doing this.

I love my lamb bags.. but and I haven't used quite a few of my other bags in such a long time that it almost makes me think I should just purge everything non-lamb... but... god forbid i get rid of something that i might want later on.

Ok, this has gotten way too long, and rambly. Anyone get what I'm saying and feel similarly??

I am totally with you on this one! I was 'forced' to carry a non-LAMB bag last week because I was traveling and needed to be "hands free" - so I used a small Coach hobo all week. It made me realize how many other bags I have and neglect....and miss.

I'm rotating! I've decided to try and change bags every other day, with a "non-LAMB" at least half that time.

although, I might cheat because I usually carry a handbag and work tote (which could be my LAMB St. Thomas). :angel:

Hmm, this is interesting. You know what? Since I've discovered LAMB I've gotten rid of almost all my other bags! And so far haven't regretted a single one. I have 3 LV's (the pochette croissant doesn't count since it holds less than a Cyprus!) and a Rebecca Minkoff and then a couple knock around bags. The more time goes by the more I only seem to like LV Epi and Suhali...none of the canvas stuff really does it for me. And you guys already read my post about how my Speedy annoys me to no end. I dunno...I love carrying my Epi Soufflots. I doubt I'll ever get rid of them. But the Speedy just doesn't do it for me anymore.

My Rebecca Minkoff Plan B is amazing!!! I've been waiting for it to stop raining so I can carry her. I heard there are a lot of green colors coming out in Fall so I'm hoping that can be my Christmas or B-Day present from BF.

So I think I can carry my other bags for like a week, but not much more than that because my ratio of LAMB to non-LAMB is like 5-to-1 :angel:

I'm always rotating my bags. I do tend to carry my LAMB bags more now, mostly because I've gotten so many recently, but I still carry my other bags too. The nice thing about the LAMB bags is that they go with everything, so we really don't need to switch them out!

I honestly don't have that many bags. 3 Coaches, 1 Dooney, 1 LV, and 4 lambs. So whatever I carry in a week it's pretty much guarenteed there's gonna be a lamb bag in there. But if lamb only makes up 10% of your collection, then I definitely say rotate. And if you're still thinking about selling some, rotating would help you decide which ones to sell. Maybe one a day, and if you're not absolutely in love with it then sell it.

The last time I checked my collection - I had about 55 bags :s
It's a mix of everything but I have not used any other bag except my LAMBS in the past 2 months.
I seriously need to ebay a lot of bags !!

I have to carry other designers as well as LAMB because I love them and fork out 2k on one single handbag so I have to mix it up with LAMB even though I do live and breath LAMB. Everything I buy clothing wise is LAMB and I own about 10 LAMB handbags,plus 4-5 Lesportsac LAMB. Like 2 days ago I carried my Saddle Montego but now it's back to my LV pulp weekender.

I think I have the opposite problem. I bought so many L.A.M.B.'s and was wearing them non-stop, then I got re-obsessed with MJ and have been neglecting my L.A.M.B.'s. I think I am going to start wearing my L.A.M.B's more, though. Especially my Devon and Westfield's. They work well for commuting on the train.

I have trouble putting my LAMBs away because they're the purses I've spent the most money on, so I feel like I have to use them to justify the price. I'd totally do the LAMB challenge though, but I just got my LS esquivel in the mail last week and I've been itching to use her.