L.A.M.B. bags go luxe

karo

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
Don't know if it was posted before, at least I couldn't find in anywhere here so I decided to post:

Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. label is adding high-end handbags to its roster.

The four-year-old firm, whose accessories are produced in partnership with Schifter + Partners, has launched a Black Label line called Aston, hitting stores this fall.
The collection retails from $525 for a clutch to $1,495 for a limited edition carryall and is inspired by vintage British sports cars. With style names such as the Lotus and Winston, the Aston bags feature special detailing such as layers of perforated and pebble-grain leather mixed with patent leather piping and suede strips. Each of the eight styles is equipped with black and gray striped lining, gunmetal hardware and matte black hangtags.

Tim Schifter, chairman and chief executive officer of Schifter + Partners, projects the collection will generate approximately 10 percent of L.A.M.B.'s total handbag sales in its first year. He describes the collection, as well as the entire L.A.M.B. brand, as "irreverent luxury."

"Gwen designs prints that push the envelope, and she does things that are so differentiated from the rest of the market," Schifter said. "And the crazier and more irreverent they are, the better they do. The bags really resonate with consumers and retailers."

The Aston collection will be available in limited distribution at the top 35 of L.A.M.B.'s 250 doors, including certain Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's locations as well as Intermix and Henri Bendel. The collection will also establish L.A.M.B.'s presence internationally, premiering in such stores as Tsum in Moscow, Lane Crawford in Hong Kong and Harvey Nichols and Villa Moda in the Middle East. The bags will also sell on eluxury.com as well as appear in the luxury catalogue Vivre.

"Having an upscale collection allows us to differentiate our assortment of various retailers," said Schifter, whose firm also produces accessories for Jill Stuart, Harajuku Lovers and Kidrobot. "And we believe that adding the Black Label collection as an upper tier is a very sensible approach to fashion today. The retail conditions that exist always demand high-end product that is not only sophisticated, but produced and distributed in limited edition."

The Aston collection is priced approximately 30 percent above the average L.A.M.B. handbag. For fall, Schifter also added a new line as the brand's opening price point, the Soft Signature collection, which retails from $295 to $395.

"I love the designing process for the handbags," said Stefani. "It's always evolving and changing each season. This season I loved mixing different materials like leather and suede and then putting the L.A.M.B. twist on it....I look forward to expanding the L.A.M.B. brand even more."

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 106
Hm.. thanks for posting.. Not a fan of that first bag, the second bag is nice.. but I am almost certain I would not pay over $1000 for it. ... honestly, it looks like it could just go into the "regular"(ew, don't like that) L.A.M.B. line.

Thanks for posting! Where's that article from??

That's so weird that there's going to be a more expensive line, when already the majority of bags are sent to discount outlets...

I actually LIKE the first one!

This new line is interesting. I've spent $1,000 on a bag before, but it will be hard to go that route with the LAMB brand where I'm used to paying around $500 per bag and then getting a steep discount at Off 5th and the like...

Do you think this price point will interest higher-end buyers? (whatever that means really...) I'm sure there are buyers who don't think a bag is good enough because it's "only" $500. Maybe they will like it better for an insane reason now that the bag is $1,000?

Do you think this new line will justify the price difference? Better materials? Quality? I'm pretty happy with the overall quality of LAMB as it is.

I'm not ready to pay that kinda of money for LAMB. Sorry, Gwen. I'd need to see more designs anyway. And I personally don't understand why designers feel like their bag must cost an arm and a leg for people to want them?? I guess it's that whole feeling of exclusivity, huh? I admit I like carrying bags that I don't see everywhere but at the same time I'm not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money for them either.

I'm not ready to pay that kinda of money for LAMB. Sorry, Gwen. I'd need to see more designs anyway. And I personally don't understand why designers feel like their bag must cost an arm and a leg for people to want them?? I guess it's that whole feeling of exclusivity, huh? I admit I like carrying bags that I don't see everywhere but at the same time I'm not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money for them either.

I totally agree...I don't really think seeing these bags in person is going to change my mind that I don't really want to pay $1500 for a lamb bag. I've spent up to $1600 on a bag, but I don't think I would pay that much for lamb :hrmm: Does this make me a bad lambie?? I'd rather buy another lv or chloe or bbag for that much...

I think the pricepoint LAMB is at right now is appropriate.
LAMB is a newer line and does not have (literally) carry a household name. I feel like LAMB is marketed towards a younger audience, for the most part, and I do not see any part of that audience partaking in the 1,000 price range. I also don't see what the label is saying, to me it feels like "hey, these bags we've been producing are just medium/low quality, wait for this..."

Well, when you pay that much for a bag you want it to hold the value (ie: a Chanel is timeless, and never on sale :nogood:) So, in my mind the only way to make this upscale line work is to not mark them down like the L.A.M.B. deals we can get now. That being said, that's a lot of lambie loot for those bags@! :wtf:
I think they are both very cool though. I like them, even the emerald city green one. Unfortunately, I will probably be admiring them from far, far away.