Travel Kuala Lumpur- Malayasia

Jaanoo

LV Lover
Oct 5, 2010
we might be planning a trip to Kuala Lumpur- Malayasia and i would like to know

what hotels and activites are there in the area ... and any feedback on the country, food, etc

Hello Jaanoo~

I went to KL a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it!! It's a very nice city.
Anyway I stayed at the Novotel City Centre, which was a great hotel that was reasonable priced and very central, close to a shopping centre/mall with a fantastic food court (very clean and nearly every food imaginable) on the ground floor and also close to the park and famous Petronas Twin Towers. There are alot of things to do throughout the city and it is multicultural with many types of delicious food. Feel free to PM (or PM me and get my email) me to ask me any questions or any more advice if you want :smile:

I haven't been to KL since 2008, but I doubt it has changed much since then. In terms of hotels, I stayed at the Traders Hotel which was great. Our room faced the Petronas Towers and bar/ pool area was great. There are plenty of big name hotels to chose from, it will just depend on your budget.

I recommend a day trip to Malacca or Melaka in Malay as there is so much history to and the architecture was great (IMO) - your hotel can give you names of tour companies etc.

In terms of food, I enjoyed Madam Kwan's at the KLCC (which is great for shopping) , check out Chinatown as well for cheap tasty meal.

Also check out the Malaysia Tourism website - that will provide you with plenty of information.

I stayed in Bukit Bintang for all my trips to KL.

I will not recommend Berjaya Times Square Hotel. The rooms are old but big and the service is trashy with the price I paid. Faulty toilet flush, lousy water heater system (I have to wait for 10 mins for the heater to 'warm up') and I found a red male underwear behind the curtains.

I will recommend Impiana KLCC Hotel. KLCC and Bukit Bintang is linked via a air-conditioned pedestrian walkway. Perfect to hide from KL's hot weather and not to mention the safety from robbery and traffic.

I passed by ParkRoyal Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur and it looks goods.

I usually stay at the Gardens Hotel Mid Valley. The hotel is connected with The Gardens Mall and there is also an underground access to MegaMall via The Gardens Mall so you wouldn't need to worry going out for shopping and dining during the rain. Plus the two malls are only in walking distance.

thanks everyone ... we ended up staying at fraser place ..which was walking distance from KLCC and most of the malls .. it was good ..

we went to sunway lagoons which my daughter loved and we checked out the bird park ,, which was nice ... i wish we had more than a week to see everything ... there were soo many places on our list we didnt get a chance to check out like the chocolate factory, genting, etc...

shopping was great ... food was good too ...