Kristin woven bags FP vs. MFF

quinna

Jun 27, 2013
Those of you who have had any experience with the woven Kristin bags from a few years back, have you noticed any difference in leather quality between the FP and MFF? I had a FP denim round satchel (which I regrettably sold recently), and the leather was thick and nice. I just picked up a brown hobo for my mother on ebay tonight, but it's one of the MFF colors. I don't usually care for the outlet leather, but I was wondering if anyone had any input how they compare.

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
IIRC the MMF bags had thinner leather and the weaving was simpler and IMHO not as pretty or intricate. I think the MFF bags only had weaving on the front, with smooth leather on the back. The MFF bags were pretty, but the FP Kristins were gorgeous!

Dec 1, 2008
The FP woven round satchels (baby sages) had woven on front, smooth on back (as you'll recall, having had the denim- bag twins, btw! I still have mine, and in black).

The woven Lailas and sages did have woven leather both front and back, and the texture was more closely woven and intricate.

I didn't find any difference between the woven leather kristin round satchels at FP vs mff. At the time, I seem to recall a lot of TPF speculation that all woven round bags were made initially for FP, but thenthe dark brown and scarlet ended up going straight to outlet instead. The bags were similar enough to believe this.

momtok

Daughter & Tim Gunn
O.G.
Aug 21, 2009
Team Tom/Sarah !
IIRC the MMF bags had thinner leather and the weaving was simpler and IMHO not as pretty or intricate. I think the MFF bags only had weaving on the front, with smooth leather on the back. The MFF bags were pretty, but the FP Kristins were gorgeous!
The FP also have weaving on front and smooth leather on back. (I have two, including the denim color that the OP mentions.) That was normal. Similarly, the FP python only had embossing on the front, and smooth white leather on the back.

It should also be remembered that some colors/styles of FP Kristin never actually appeared in the boutiques, although they were most definitely made for boutique (no F in creed), and they instead went straight to the outlet. This was in the first few months that the Kristin line was ended at FP. There were still new colors in the production pipeline, and those "deletes" went immediately to outlet. (But again, no F in the creed.) I've always wondered why they pulled the line so ... 'rashly' ... when there were still brand new FP items left to come.

As for the leather ... well ... to be honest, I always thought the Kristin leather (yes, FP) was thinner to begin with. That is, all Kristin, both FP and MFF. I've often mentioned my Kristin's as examples of thinner leathers. (Not that I don't love them though. I still use all three of mine.)

momtok

Daughter & Tim Gunn
O.G.
Aug 21, 2009
Team Tom/Sarah !
Obviously, my data agrees with cashmerefiend. (We were apparently typing at the same time. ;) )

Yes, all Kristin rounds had woven on front and smooth on back; and yes, some did go straight to outlet when the line was first pulled (and they were indeed made for the boutiques --- no F anywhere on creed).

And as I said, I've always felt that Kristin leather was thinner, but I'm saying that based primarily on my black woven, denim woven, python embossed, and a black hobo I bought as a gift for a friend. Just my impression.

quinna

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for all the input, ladies! I thought I remembered some questions a while back about some of the Kristin "leftovers". Hopefully the one I just got will be comparable to the FP.