Kristin Leather vs. Poppy Leather Question

UrbanBagLover

Jul 24, 2008
I have a Poppy Boho in black that I have used just a few times and it has a few marks on it already. I have read here that the Poppy leather is "delicate" and easily scratched so I wasn't shocked when I spied these blemishes on my bag today. I plan on getting a Kristin hobo in black and was wondering how the Kristin leather compares to the Poppy leather?

I can't really do a true comparison because I have a Poppy Python and the leather seems to hold up pretty well. I've had it since Dec and it has made a few trips to Atlantic City. I have no blemishes, marks or peeling on my bag.

I have a Madison Embossed Python that seems much more delicate than my Poppy bag. No problems to date, but I've only had it 3 weeks. It just feels like a much more delicate bag.

I have a black Kristin PATENT leather and it seems very sturdy to me - it is also less than a month old but got caught in some minor rain. No damage to the bag at all, and while with either previously mentioned bag I would have freaked out, with the Kristin patent I felt confident it would not be harmed.

But a regular Poppy leather and a regular Kristin leather I can't really compare.

I don't have any Poppy leather, but I have several Kristin leather bags and they seem very durable, no scratches or anything. I've had them out in the rain with no problems, though my peach Kristin hobo turns bluish with water spots until the water dries and then it's perfect again.

Thanks Toby, good to hear that the Kristin handles rain well and seems durable. I certainly do not "baby" my bags but I also do not abuse them. My Poppy Boho received small marks/scratches by simple normal wear- I certainly hope the Kristin will be able to withstand more than that!

I don't have any Poppy leather, but I have several Kristin leather bags and they seem very durable, no scratches or anything. I've had them out in the rain with no problems, though my peach Kristin hobo turns bluish with water spots until the water dries and then it's perfect again.
Thats exactly what my mushroom hippie does when it has rained..The drops of rain look bluish...Sorry OP, but I have to agree that the Kristin Leather seems to be worry free. I do think the Poppy leather you are speaking of is thinner than the kristin leather..I may be wrong though!I hope it all works itself out.Good Luck ~:smile:

I personally prefer Kristin leather over Poppy leather. IMHO, it is a better quality, although it does feel sorta the same, just not as smooth as Kristin. I have never been attracted to Poppy leather at all. But Kristin leather is so soft and luxurious looking, it blows my mind.
I used to dislike Kristin a lot, thought it was for older ladies, but now that I have a few pieces in it, I love it to death. I think my fav leathers would be 1. Legacy, 2. Madison, 3. Kristin. :biggrin:
Scratch wise, I think all Coach leather is easier to scratch. Madison in particular would scratch just by thinking about it, but I would prefer the durableness of Kristin over Poppy.
Hope that helps!

I have a couple of kristin's I love love love it. I have the older style small raisin hobo, black leather east west tote, and 3 large wristlet's. IMHO the leather is by better than the poppy. I did not like kristin's when they first came out but I love it now.

Hi, I have the black Kristen Hobo and it still looks new, I've had it since the middle of February and have carried it everyday since and not a mark on it. I love this bag!!

Awesome, thanks ladies for the input. Decided that I will be getting the large black Kristin hobo. It'll be large enough to tote around some of my toddler's stuff on weekends as well as my work related stuff during the week.

Thanks again!