Kristin Hobo Zipper

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
So, I just called the store to see if a wallet I ordered was in, and while I was on the phone I told the SA that the zipper on my Kristin Hobo was driving me INSANE cause it gets stuck. I haven't used it yet, I take it out of the box every few days and swear at the zipper and then put it back. :cursing:

The SA told me the reason the zipper is sticking is because it's new, that it will get better over time and for me to try using it and see if it loosens up. They only have one left in the store (the display) and I don't want to exchange it for that, but the display was just as bad as mine anyway.

I don't really want to exchange it for something else CAUSE I LOVE IT, and because the manager gave me 40% off because of a peeling Hailey (which also has a PITA zipper), and I don't want to be returning and rebuying stuff and being a PITA customer, esp. when the manager was kind enough to extend me the 40% discount. I work in retail myself and I know all about PITA customers and I never want to be one. :P

Anyway, has anyone found that the SA is correct - that the zipper HAS in fact loosened up after using it for a bit?? That would be awesome.

Mine seemed to get better after I used some wax paper on it. It wasn't pefect, but better. Now that I have used it a little, it does seem like it is getting even better. I hope it continues. I love that bag and I am keeping it. :smile:

hi crissy - i was having the same frustrating issue with my zipper - it was getting "stuck" where the bag started to dip down. I zipped and unzipped the bag several times a day for about a week and the issue has seemed to disappear. I also found it was much easier to unstick the zipper when i closed it with the kristin pocket facing me

hth - she is a great bag and like sandc I am keeping her!

Mine seemed to get better after I used some wax paper on it. It wasn't pefect, but better. Now that I have used it a little, it does seem like it is getting even better. I hope it continues. I love that bag and I am keeping it. :smile:

Thats what the SA told me if I have problems but mine seems fine.

I think that I mentioned this in the other thread, but after someone mentioned the zipper problem I went and pulled mine out and tried it. It WAS a PITA, but I just sat in my closet for a few minutes zipping and unzipping it and I swear it was a lot better by the time I was done. Maybe try that out - when you're just sitting watching tv or something, zip and unzip for several minutes and see if you notice a difference. I was on the verge of taking it back but really didn't want so was very relieved when it seemed to loosen up and be more cooperative.

I think that I mentioned this in the other thread, but after someone mentioned the zipper problem I went and pulled mine out and tried it. It WAS a PITA, but I just sat in my closet for a few minutes zipping and unzipping it and I swear it was a lot better by the time I was done. Maybe try that out - when you're just sitting watching tv or something, zip and unzip for several minutes and see if you notice a difference. I was on the verge of taking it back but really didn't want so was very relieved when it seemed to loosen up and be more cooperative.

Now that is funny - but it worked!!!!!!!!! see you gotta talk to these gals -;)

I did that a few times, thus the cursing and putting it away again out of frustration. As a matter of fact, when I looked closely the last time, it looked like a couple of the teeth were misaligned, and I'm afraid that was from trying it too much. I think I'll take it back in tonight for them to have a look at and see what they have to say. I'm a bit concerned that is isn't going to get better since I have tried to open and close it many times and it's remained problematic.

The only way I can get it to close smoothly is totally ridiculous - to sort of put my fingers under the zipper and slowly guide it along - but I actually peeled the skin off my finger trying that, so not a viable alternative!

What bugs me is that I work part time in a retail fashion store and we have some purses. I always check the zippers on our extremely inexpensive $30 PVC purses, and the zippers open and close so smoothly and we've never had one returned. The zippers are very lightweight and small, and sometimes I wonder if these heavy duty zippers that Coach uses are more of a nuisance than anything else.