Kristin Hobo Zipper

I did that a few times, thus the cursing and putting it away again out of frustration. As a matter of fact, when I looked closely the last time, it looked like a couple of the teeth were misaligned, and I'm afraid that was from trying it too much. I think I'll take it back in tonight for them to have a look at and see what they have to say. I'm a bit concerned that is isn't going to get better since I have tried to open and close it many times and it's remained problematic.

The only way I can get it to close smoothly is totally ridiculous - to sort of put my fingers under the zipper and slowly guide it along - but I actually peeled the skin off my finger trying that, so not a viable alternative!

What bugs me is that I work part time in a retail fashion store and we have some purses. I always check the zippers on our extremely inexpensive $30 PVC purses, and the zippers open and close so smoothly and we've never had one returned. The zippers are very lightweight and small, and sometimes I wonder if these heavy duty zippers that Coach uses are more of a nuisance than anything else.

If you haven't tried it yet this way.... hold one side of the zipper between your knees and pull the other end of the zipper with your hand to straighten out the zipper, nice and taut. With your free hand try opening and closing the zipper, fully and smoothly several times.

The key is to get the zipper straight and taut while you work it in. You may need to wax ( wax paper or clear/white candle wax) the teeth to lube them.

If this still doesn't work, you may indeed have a defective or damaged zipper.

I checked my Dooney wristlet and it has a similar YKK zipper , just much shorter and no slouch and it has the same sticking issue. Waxing both seems to make them both work better.

I still haven't used it yet. Too early to wear that color in Canada - I was waiting until at least after Easter - which is Monday!! But I kind of wanted to get my Ocelot Hailey into rotation for one more round before I put her away for a while, so I may not be using the Kristin for a while.

Anyway, waxing just means taking wax paper and rubbing it around the zipper. It did nothing for my sticky zippers though.

But I still love that Kristin too much to consider returning it. I love how it looks on the shoulder and I :heart::heart: the squishy leather handle. That is the main reason I couldn't go with the satchel or tote, I love the feel of the smooshy leather on the handle.

I still haven't used it yet. Too early to wear that color in Canada - I was waiting until at least after Easter - which is Monday!! But I kind of wanted to get my Ocelot Hailey into rotation for one more round before I put her away for a while, so I may not be using the Kristin for a while.

Anyway, waxing just means taking wax paper and rubbing it around the zipper. It did nothing for my sticky zippers though.

But I still love that Kristin too much to consider returning it. I love how it looks on the shoulder and I :heart::heart: the squishy leather handle. That is the main reason I couldn't go with the satchel or tote, I love the feel of the smooshy leather on the handle.

I'm in Canada too but my hobo is black so I'm ready! I'll get out the wax paper when I get home. Thanks.