Kristin hobo need help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I can't decide between the large kristin hobo of the small. Need some help with this.:yahoo:

2. Need more info than that to help you with the Kristin hobo :lol: What exactly do you need help with?

3. I have a large Kristin hobo, and I love the size. It's similar in size to the large Parker or Madison Hippies. The large Kristin has an adjustable crossbody strap. The smaller hobo's long strap is not adjustable and feels a little short to me to wear it crossbody. Even though I don't fill it up, I prefer the large because of the nice slouchy look.

Here are a couple pics worn on shoulder and crossbody. For size reference, I'm 5'7".

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. I have the large in blue as well. the small was not as comfortable crossbody when I tried it. I'm 5'6".

5. I have the smaller black Kristin hobo. I think this size is plenty big on me and the large looked a little ridiculous. I'm 5'1" and it hangs down almost to my hip!

Plus keep in mind that it's not structured so your stuff will have a bigger tendency to get "lost" in the abyss of your bag! I put a purse to go organizer in it and it's really helped out with not losing my stuff!

6. I have 3 of the smaller size, and it is perfect for me. I'm not a "big bag" gal, so the larger one looks like a frikkin' suitcase to me. :P I'm 5'4" and very busty so I don't wear it cross-body, but it is very comfortable to wear on my shoulder.

:heart:

7. I want to know it's a toss up between the large hobo kristin and the smaller one and the chalk verses the gold and blue.

8. i would get the large in the blue. i prefer larger bags! more bag for your money lol.

9. Right.

Large vs. small ~ Depends on your frame and/or preference.

I'm 5'5", not skinny and I prefer bigger bags (for the love of extra space) so I got myself the large siggy Kristin hobo. With that said, I do think it's better for you to get a large one if you're a bigger gal like myself or if you're a taller gal. However, that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't get the large Kristin hobo if you're petite because a petite Coachie posted her mod shots of her carrying the large Kristin hobo before and she totally rocked it!

The best way for you to decide is to try it at your local outlet or departmental store or Coach FP. Then see how you feel about the way each size looks on you and if you want a little more space inside your bag.

Chalk vs. gold vs. blue ~ This depends mostly on your general color preference when it comes to purses and you might also want to consider which one of these colors works best for your wardrobe. Here's what I think about those colors...

Chalk: Gets dirty easily. I'd think that means more maintenance. I'd avoid it without a doubt.

Gold: Based on someone's prior thread and experience, the gold leather used to make the Kristin line has peeling issue. Love the color but will probably avoid it so that I don't have to deal with peeling issues because I like my Coach purses to last a long time.

Blue: Gorgeous shade but it's not exactly easy to match it with just about any clothes. Might get this color but definitely have to do some work to make sure that I can use it when wearing some of my clothes.

So there! You still need to do a lot of thinking and deciding on your own.

Good luck!

10. color , blue is better then chalk and gold

size small is great its like a extra large swing pack and if you got creative you could extend it with trigger fobs and such

the large is very large and the shoulder strap doesnt have that snug fit like the small one

so when it comes down to it, its really going to be your preference

large or small , then pick a color

have you put your things in it, and walked around does it get too heavy, something to consider when picking out your bag

the crossbody strap on the large seems to be heavier then the bag itself, maybe its not but it sure seemed like it, lol

11. That bolded part is true, peggle! It's all because of the hardwares :lol: When I take the crossbody strap off, the hobo does get a little lighter. Great point on that!

12. I just got the small one in blue smoke - had some stitching issues with the teal Mia Maggie - I chose the smaller size because while I am busty - I am also about 5'3" and the bigger bag just seemed too big to me - even witht he4 shorter strap it was almost at my hips and I just find that the smaller size fir me better - the only difference between the two are about 3 inches in length and 3 inches in height - it is, however a good idea to try your regular stuff in the bag - before I tried it I thought I would like the Kristen satchel - but I have a Nook and when I put it in the satchel, it collapsed into the other compartment which is a pain. It fits nicely in the bottom of the hobo and the smoke blue has a beautiful blue lining. the larger does have the adjustable strap, but it just seemed too big to me. You really need to try what you really need to carry on a daily basis to see which bag works better. I agree with the other posters, I love the leather and the way it slouches - also that you can use the cleaner/moisturizer on this leather is another plus. Just wish they made a wristlet/small wallet to match - perhaps by Christmas . . . Good luck with your choice.

13. I agree with Honeyplaya that the detachable bag strap is about as heavy as the empty bag itself - I have detached it several times, but have not decided whether I would wear the bag with only the short strap - so many decisions to make! Even the small bag can hold a lot - right now in the outside pocket I have my T pass, a lip gloss and a mirrored compact. Inside I have a cell phone, work ID, Barnes and Nobles Nook, tissues, reading glasses, back up glasses, contact lense case, Bare Minerals blush, blush brush, fountain pen, pen cartridges, tissues, small wallet, albuterol inhaler, hand sanitizer, pill box and a few other sundries. Even with all that, it slouches very nicely for me.

14. The Blue actually goes with TONS of colors. I wear mine with a lot more than I thought I would. You can see in my avatar that it looks great with the colorful scarf, etc

15. OMG, I'm dying..... you make it sound like a bottomless pit! :lolots::roflmfao: