Kristin Elevated Leather Sage Round Satchel or Kristin Leather Large Hobo

Which Kristin Leather Crossbody should I buy?

• Kristin Elevated Leather Sage Round Satchel

• Kristin Leather Large Hobo

Results are only viewable after voting.

GGee

O.G.
Jun 1, 2010
I was looking to buy an awesome Coach crossbody bag today. I have a 40% coupon from Coach because they could not repair an old Coach bag. So I only have one opportunity to buy the right bag! I will not get the 40% back if I wanted to buy a different bag.

I love the way the Kristin Leather Large Hobo feels on my shoulders but I was not able to find the newer Kristin Elevated Leather Sage Round Satchel to try on and compare it too at my local store.

Has anybody tried to newer Kristin Elevated Leather Sage Round Satchel? I am a little nervous about the 9" drop and the double straps. I am not sure if there are any other glaring differences between the two bags. I know one is a little wider than the other.

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! :smile::smile::smile:

I voted the hobo. I have purchased both bags before and returned the Sage due to it being ridiculously heavy, especially when worn crossbody. The straps are very stiff leather and dug into my shoulders. The Sage is gorgeous but I couldn't deal with carrying it around all day. The large Kristin hobo was a dream. Loved it! It looks awesome no matter what way you carry it and the leather is so light and smooshy! Lots of colors to choose from.

So, that's my answer: The large leather hobo!

I say buy the sage with the 40% off and then buy a Kristin hobo at the outlet for 50% off. I just bought the large pink Kristin hobo at the outlet 30%/30% coupons. The Kristins will be popping up at the outlets for the next year and on ebay at a pretty good discount. The Sage will be harder to find at outlet. I tried on the Sage at the store and I didn't think it was too big or heavy but I'm used to carrying baby bags and heavy babies all the time. I didn't carry it around long enough to know if the straps dug into my shoulders tho.

I have 4 Kristin large hobos and 1 Sage. The Sage is a little heavier, and I wear it crossbody, over the shoulder by the short straps, and as a satchel. Mine is the python, and the leather is more relaxed and not as structured. The hobos are soft and smooshy; they are by far my favorite bags. If you are primarily looking for crossbody wear, I'd go with the hobo. But I agree with mimomof5kids, if you can get both due to the discounts, etc., do so! They are both great bags!!

If I were looking for a bag in that size and price range, I would definitely go with the Sage because it is gorgeous and so unique. Besides, as mimomoof5kids said, you can probably get the Kristin tote at the outlet.

Thanks guys for all your input. It was so helpful.

I did receive a 30% Outlet store coupon that expires June 5, 2011. Three problems. First, there are no outlet stores in AZ! We have been deprived! BUT there is one finally opening up in October 2011. So I called the two Outlet stores that I have visited when I am on vacation in California and New York. Second, they told me that they couldn't ship it to me or do a "charge send" out of their district. Third, the Kristen Large Hobo only comes in patent leather right now in those two stores. Maybe when our AZ outlet store is open in October 2011, they will carry the regular Kristen Leather Large Hobo by then. I wish a 25% coupon would come out right now so I can buy it in the store. I really do like the idea of buying both bags! I am going to work on making that my goal!

THANKS!!!!!

I voted the hobo. I have purchased both bags before and returned the Sage due to it being ridiculously heavy, especially when worn crossbody. The straps are very stiff leather and dug into my shoulders. The Sage is gorgeous but I couldn't deal with carrying it around all day. The large Kristin hobo was a dream. Loved it! It looks awesome no matter what way you carry it and the leather is so light and smooshy! Lots of colors to choose from.

So, that's my answer: The large leather hobo!

Thanks for your wonderful input! I do love the smooshy way it feels crossbody and under the arm! I am just curious and would like to know why you are selling your LV Delightful? I had to choose last year between the Delightful and Artsy and purchased the Artsy. It is still in it's box! LOL. Too scared to bring it out with the kids and all. I kept thinking that I should have bought the smooshy Delightful instead. :smile:

Thanks for your wonderful input! I do love the smooshy way it feels crossbody and under the arm! I am just curious and would like to know why you are selling your LV Delightful? I had to choose last year between the Delightful and Artsy and purchased the Artsy. It is still in it's box! LOL. Too scared to bring it out with the kids and all. I kept thinking that I should have bought the smooshy Delightful instead. :smile:

I really love how comfy the delightful is and how it looks but I work in law enforcement and when I put my heavy weapon in the bag it really made the flop around. I got a more structured neverfull instead but I haven't used it yet.

I saw the hobo in a real life a few days ago, and while I really love the way it looks, it felt really uncomfortable on.

It sat funny on my shoulder and just felt kind of bulky. It's a beautiful bag, but once I had it on me and looked in the mirror, i? It made me feel frumpy for some reason!

I saw the hobo in a real life a few days ago, and while I really love the way it looks, it felt really uncomfortable on.

It sat funny on my shoulder and just felt kind of bulky. It's a beautiful bag, but once I had it on me and looked in the mirror, i? It made me feel frumpy for some reason!

Thanks for you input! It really does help!