KRISTIN Club....COME JOIN!!!

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Ok, so with the new Kristin line just coming out, I thought I would start a thread where we can share our beautiful Kristin items!!! The other thread was getting a bit long, but you can find all of the relevant info regarding style number, price, dimensions, and colors here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/kristin-line-515347.html

This line was intended to a lightweight leather line, and with the size of the bags and hardware, IMO Coach succeeded at what they were driving at (large leather bag with a lot of hardware that's not backbreaking), without making the leather look sleazy thin. The thickness of the leather is really about that of the Madison line. Personally, I'm not a fan of the heavy glaze on the leather, or the bolded hangtag, though. To me these aspects cheapen the look of the bags, and sadly there seem to be only two options at this point...big or small! They also lack structure because there's no binding. It is interesting to note that that at its widest point, the tote version is a bit larger than Gigi!! :nuts: Not as heavy, though!;) Hopefully with the 2010 expansion of the line, we will see more style and size options.

I will start with my totes (14214), matching purple wallet (43294, there is no coral wallet at this time), and then my colorblock flap (14221).

And as a teaser for y'all....croc embossed tote to follow shortly!! :graucho: This one can be seen in Meg's PB exclusive, though.

I hope that everyone will add photos of all of their pieces so that hopefully we can show all of the items in this line.

Have fun guys!!!:hugs:

Attachments

• kristin purple 1.jpg
    kristin purple 1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 4,043
  • kristin purple 2.jpg
    kristin purple 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3,874
  • kristin purple 3.jpg
    kristin purple 3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 3,872
  • kristin wallet 1.jpg
    kristin wallet 1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 3,895
  • kristin wallet 2.jpg
    kristin wallet 2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,836
Coral....also showing color comp with coral patent Sabrina, and size comp with Gigi.

Attachments

• gigi comp 1.jpg
    gigi comp 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3,842
  • kristin coral comps.jpg
    kristin coral comps.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 3,797
  • kristin coral 2.jpg
    kristin coral 2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 3,739
  • kristin coral 1.jpg
    kristin coral 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 3,852
  • gigi comp 2.jpg
    gigi comp 2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 3,731
Colorblock flap, and also comp showing plastic rings with the '08 Resort pieced leather tote. That bag never made it to the stores since it sold out on backorder (it was really a Japan piece), but the rings are the same tortoise plastic as on the rose gold Resort tote that was featured in dept stores.

Attachments

• flap 1.jpg
    flap 1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 3,701
  • flap 2.jpg
    flap 2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 3,688
  • flap 3.jpg
    flap 3.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 5,312
  • flap 4.jpg
    flap 4.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3,608
  • flap 5.jpg
    flap 5.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,567
^^I don't, hon! I'm sorry! I'm hoping that others will add their photos, though! Isn't it the same size as the flap? I haven't looked, but you might get a rough comparison based on looking at the flap photos. Yennah has a GREAT thread that shows modeling of the bag, lots of photos, and also ones where she has shown the contents inside the bag, I THINK.

LOVE the purple...they are gone:cry:

I'd love the Zip Top Tote in purple, but I'm either told "they're all gone" or "they haven't come out yet." What is it? I bought the beautiful gold charm because I thought it would look great on top of the hangtag (and tone it down a bit...LOL!).

Isn't Purple Zip Top Tote beautiful!!!

CoachPurpleKristin.jpg

Your bags are beautiful, baglady39. Hope I can join this club soon!

Last edited:
Baglady39 - Thanks so much for the Gigi / Kristin tote comparison pics. I've been thinking about these two bags to be used as a craft bag (knitting). It seems like the Gigi has enough structure to stand on its own, but that may not be true of the Kristin tote. When I saw the Kristin, I'd already put an SA through her paces with other stuff for me, and I hesitated to trouble her to take all the stuffing out and see how the bag stood up on its own.

Still hoping to see more options in this line, particularly croc embossed!

Here's my brown shoulder flap #14225 (pictures from old thread). I'm loving her!

Attachments

• kristinflap1.JPG
    kristinflap1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 3,604
  • kristinflap4.JPG
    kristinflap4.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,483
^^I was COMPLETELY disappointed in the croc!! Actually I ordered the ivory one and should be here Tues, and I will decide at that time which to keep. It's not that I hate the camel, but it's kind of "blah" to me. Their color choice for the leather is what throws me off. The croc is done VERY well, and it's soft and thick, much nicer than the Ella on that score. I also like the detailing and the metallic, so it's just the leather color I don't like. Oh, and they chose to use brown plastic rings (tortoise), so IMO that's nicer than white, but otherwise and EXTREME letdown IMO. I was so upset I even contacted Megs when I first saw it, lol! She had a prototype, unfortunately, so this is the camel we are left with. It does look very similar to the drilldown photo, with the exception of the plastic rings. I'm sure that some people will love this, but I think I got something else into my mind, and I have not yet been able to fall in love with the real thing. Also, I'm not a huge black, gray, taupe leather fan...it has to be the "right bag" for me to love those colors, so that might also be the case here. I hope everyone loves it more than me!! Stay tuned for the ivory update, hee, hee!

Baglady39, thanks for all of your Kristin reports . . . based on your pics, I ordered the tote in blue last week (LOVE IT), and when I went to the boutique for the ePCE price adjustment, I snagged the brown zip tote, too! I was most interested in purple, but I understand that that is sold out. It's ironic, because I really didn't care for this style in the previews . . .

I'm a huge fan of large bags (gotta cram all of my junk, make-up bag, a few books on all trips :smile:, so these are perfect for me. While I love the thinner, glazed leather (so light weight!), I'm a bit worried about how it will wear. That being said, these bags are going to get a lot of wear from me, because I truly love this line! Baglady, I hope that your Ivory wows you!