KRISTIN Club....COME JOIN!!!

^^Oh wow, Cate, that's great!!! CONGRATS!!! I think sometimes you just have to try it IRL! I'm the same way, and that means I can even flip flop on bags I thought I loved till I tried them! Please post pics!!!

I LOVE the brown, and if there were not so many other bags that are attracting my attention right now, I would have also bought the brown. I'm hoping to snag one at the outlet, which I have hope since there's so much upper end Cambridge stuff at the outlets! I might still get the flap that Carmelita has...she's a good enabler, lol!

I really do love the purple tote especially! I did not initially get the zip tote because I saw the teal in the store, and for me the reg tote just works better, so really the croc is the only zip tote I've gotten. I hear you about the leather, though...I don't think it's really that thin, but a bit and there's no binding in the bag. I think it stretches a bit as a result, so if anything I do worry about around the seams on the corners, etc, if you carry a lot in your bags. I use the large purse to go organizer at the bottom of my totes. This helps with both the look (so that my contents don't "poke" out the sides ugly, as well as I feel it will help the seams hold up longer. I have not found that the bags scratch very easily other than the brass ball where the plate hits it, so at least that is a plus! I know they don't make the bags like they used to, so who knows! However, I am impressed that they accomplished their goal of a lightweight leather bag that actually has a bit of hardware, large size, etc, but yet doesn't look sleazy at all!

Baglady39 - Thanks so much for the Gigi / Kristin tote comparison pics. I've been thinking about these two bags to be used as a craft bag (knitting). It seems like the Gigi has enough structure to stand on its own, but that may not be true of the Kristin tote. When I saw the Kristin, I'd already put an SA through her paces with other stuff for me, and I hesitated to trouble her to take all the stuffing out and see how the bag stood up on its own.

Still hoping to see more options in this line, particularly croc embossed!

Here's my brown shoulder flap #14225 (pictures from old thread). I'm loving her!
Thanks for posting pic of the brown the stock pic on Coach website is a bit lighter.
I actually like the color

Thanks for all the repots girls i really want the black tote...BAGlADY39- thanks for all the info do u feel the difference with the zipper and button closure... Anyone have modeling shots of the totes? Thanks

^^Well, one issue I had with the zip tote I tried at the store in leather was getting the zipper open and closed with the smooshy leather, which I thought was a PITA. On the other hand, the open tote has a pretty strong magnetic snap, which can be a PITA with the smooshy leather too, but I reach in the sides and don't open the magnet most of the time. I always preferred easy access bags, so I've never been a zipper fan! I also don't like the look of the bag most of the time when zippers are left open, so I'm cursed to put up with it if I own a zippered bag. :smile: The croc is also a bit hard to open IMO, but that seems a bit stiffer/thicker than the regular leather totes.

I don't have any modeling photos with any of these bags, just with it hanging on the door knob, but hopefully others will add some good photos!!

^^ thanks for the reply, i'm glad u like the button closure cause i was worried about that, good to know not an issue, ur pics are great thanks for the comparisons, enabling helps wanting the bag more hahhaa, i saw the black one and i really love it i want to use it to put my small laptop in it i have the mini one and think it will hold up well :smile: i was going to get the Alex, but i'm still deciding between this and the Alex tote?? decisions lol

I'm going to very quickly post some photos...not a great attempt, but it's of course T-giving week and busy! :biggrin:

The first set of photos are of the camel version, which my SA sent to me before I got the bag (I did not take any pics myself). I was not impressed initially with the camel bag, but i thought I would give it some time IRL. My opinion didn't change that much after a few days, so long story short, the ivory version was ordered. I just received it and snapped a couple of quick shots. Not sure I'm impressed with either bag TBH, but I suppose that's partially (or mostly) due to MAJOR disappointment over the fact that neither bag looks anything like the prototype bag that Megs reviewed in the Kristin exclusive! :shucks:

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who is considering the bag!

The first set is of the camel version....

By the way, the camel has GORGEOUS coral lining! I think it's the same as my Bonnie metallic chain tote. Also GORGEOUS is the ivory's lining, which is a lilac color!

Attachments

• kristin camel 2.jpg
    kristin camel 2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,214
  • kristin camel 3.jpg
    kristin camel 3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,160
  • kristin camel.jpg
    kristin camel.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,130
  • kristin camel 4.jpg
    kristin camel 4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,128
  • kristin camel 5.jpg
    kristin camel 5.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,126
Ok, now my own pics of the ivory version....

Attachments

• croc kristin ivory.jpg
    croc kristin ivory.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,251
  • croc kristin ivory 2.jpg
    croc kristin ivory 2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,187
  • croc kristin ivory 3.jpg
    croc kristin ivory 3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,134
  • croc kristin ivory 4.jpg
    croc kristin ivory 4.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,106
^^Yup! Here's the problem... I liked the contrast, so that's why I don't care for the ivory that much. However, I don't like shade of camel leather they used on the regular release, which is really more of a taupe than camel. So it's not even just a contrast issue for me, but the fact I don't like the color of the leather. The croc also looks odd to me on the ivory version...again, no contrast, I guess. It's very nice on the camel version, so I'm thinking that camel is the one for me if I can just suck it up and deal with the leather trim! The metallic trim is gorgeous on both bags, though!

i'm sorta confused. so the camel kristen embossed tote has the tortoise plastic drop handles instead of the white plastic drop handles shown on the coach website?
I do prefer the camel & tortoise, but looking at the baglady39 pics I have a weird feeling I'll be disappointed with something once I see this bag in person....I hope I won't cus I did like the camel embossed initially seeing it through purseblog's inside coach.

OK I am at a loss. My Kristin is great! I received the camel embossed yesterday. I love the shape of this tote and the contrast is wonderful. I have a pretty large coach collection and this color combo is unique. I guess it is like everything else, we just like what we like and Kristin is one of the girls!

PS yes camel and tortoise; the pictures dont due her justice!

Wow your camel embossed arrived pretty quickly then. I wish I could see more different pictures that could justify its color and texture. I'd appreciate it if you could upload your pics too, coachaddiction :smile: Thanks for confirming about the camel/tortoise combo.
I'm only holding back on the camel embossed kristen because I haven't seen it in person yet-that way I can check out the quality of the bag too.

Joining!

here is my baby!

kristintote011.jpg