Kristen Sellout?

BEBEPURSE

Sad and Angry
Dec 7, 2009
Just curious

If the new Kirsten sells out and they can not reorder them from the factory is that it or will Coach continue to make more?

Sounds like alot of the boutiques are out of certain styles and colors already. The SA said she only had the 3 floor models and was not sure if she would be able to get any more peach Kirsten hobos shipped.

If Jacksonville (JAX) still has stock in their warehouse, then yes they can order for you. Otherwise, the bag is gone.

Coach makes collections...when they are gone, they are gone. Unlike with designers who have staples--think, LV or Burberry or Hermes--Coach doesn't reproduce bags due to high demand.

Once in a while Coach replenishes a style after it looks like they're all gone - not sure if this is some marketing strategy or they are responding to consumer demand (probably the former) - but you can't count on it, so if it's a bag you really want get it now before it's gone.

I went to my boutique Sunday to order the Turquoise Kristin Hobo. When they looked it said 0 were available but the order went through and it's already shipped. The SA said they must be pulling it from a store. She did also say that going forward Coach is going to be making more limited amounts of bags and it's going to become more common for them to sell out more quickly. I guess the days of hoping a particular bag will make it to the outlets are over!!

I went to my boutique Sunday to order the Turquoise Kristin Hobo. When they looked it said 0 were available but the order went through and it's already shipped. The SA said they must be pulling it from a store. She did also say that going forward Coach is going to be making more limited amounts of bags and it's going to become more common for them to sell out more quickly. I guess the days of hoping a particular bag will make it to the outlets are over!!
Great! Just when I am finally getting an outlet!

Coach rarely restocks... If Jax and your Stores is out the can call other Stores but if no other store has it then it is done..

Really! How about styles that were sold in the boutique that are made for the outlet or sold in the outlet ? Will Kristin in the future be made for the outlet ? I dont understand..

I got the Large Hobo in Yellow in Sunday. When I got it home, I found a little bit of glue on the front of the bag, so I was planning on exchanging it, but the SA said that she couldn't find another one in the system to order!

She did say that they are supposed to be releasing 2 new colors in April - Gold and Blue. I decided to hold onto my yellow one and see if I like the blue that comes out. Coach can run the full spectrum when it comes to shades of a color, so I'm waiting to see what it looks like first.

Even if they "sell-out" the boutique and JAX...there's always department stores.

It seems like I can always find any bag I want at either Macys or Nordstrom if the bag is not available through Coach directly.

Department stores did not get all the same colors though. They didn't get any of the peach bags, for instance.

If there are more Kristins coming later, maybe Coach will replenish the neutral colors like black and perhaps taupe. But it's unlikely they will replenish the seasonal colors.

Even if they "sell-out" the boutique and JAX...there's always department stores.

It seems like I can always find any bag I want at either Macys or Nordstrom if the bag is not available through Coach directly.

bags that aren't available at dept stores and only boutiques and vice versa aside..

this is true.

i am amazed at the fact that our store sold out of the ocelot audreys and claires..yet..at macys it was still there..up until they had it on 30% off clearance and this store is only less then three blocks away! kid you not. a lot of times, bags we sell out of, they still have it there.

bags that aren't available at dept stores and only boutiques and vice versa aside..

this is true.

i am amazed at the fact that our store sold out of the ocelot audreys and claires..yet..at macys it was still there..up until they had it on 30% off clearance and this store is only less then three blocks away! kid you not. a lot of times, bags we sell out of, they still have it there.

I guess people don't think to check their local department stores... When the inlaid melon peyton bags came out they sold out pretty quickly at the Coach store. But the Macys, located in the same mall, had 2 of them for the longest time.

Aaaargh... my Macy (in the same mall as Coach) only handles fabric bags. I had to go to the Coach store to see leather.. and that it where I was introduced to a peach of a Kristen.

Wasn't even looking for her (was searching for a lefteover Sabrina) but than I saw her color and it was love at first site. I had to have her hobo....

I guess people don't think to check their local department stores... When the inlaid melon peyton bags came out they sold out pretty quickly at the Coach store. But the Macys, located in the same mall, had 2 of them for the longest time.

that is my last resort, if i can't find it in a local store, or order jax..i would send them to macys/nordys

i am amazed. not sure if its cos they buy a lot..or those security tags taht doesn't allow you to really try it on..cos the cord so short..deters people from buying..since the sales people there are limited..its hard to flag one down..to let it unlock and to try on etc.