Kristen Advice please

September24

Je m'aime
Dec 26, 2008
I'm looking at the Kristen Hobo and the Kristen tote to use my PCE on. Have a few questions.

Do those of you that have either...can it fit over shoulder nicely?

And for the hobo, did you get the large or the medium? How do they compare in size, is the medium too small? I'm used to the Glam, Zoe, and Alex so want a bag comparable in size. I heven't seen Kristen IRL yet, just trying to get an idea before I go to use my PCE.
THANKS!:biggrin: (oh, and I'm looking at the siggy, leather is just too heavy)

I had the large kristin hobo, but returned it because of zipper issues. But, the large is very large, and I love very large bags. The medium was too small for me personally. The best thing about the hobo was that it was comfy on my shoulder. I have heard some people say that the medium isn't quite as comfy on the shoulder because it sits right under the armpit. But the large has a nice slouch and the space between my armpit and the bag was perfect.

I have seen the tote IRL, and personally like the hobo better. If you can get the zipper to pull the way it should then I say go for the large hobo!

I thought the hobo was cute, but I liked the tote a lot better... I just did a reveal on the kristin tote that I got in black leather here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/pce-reveal-w-some-small-goodies-lots-pics-566050.html
I had ordered the medium hobo before it even hit stores, and TBH, the medium was WAY too small for me, it fit right underneath my armpit and it didn't slouch as nice as the large does... but all in all, I like how the tote has the chain straps... it just feels more comfortable to me than the hobo did... thats JMHO

I personally like the hobo. It got the medium as the large was just too big for me. I did try the tote but the double straps were uncomfortable and kept falling off my shoulders.

I got the smaller size hobo, and I agree it's comparable to a medium Zoe. I haven't worn her yet, but the shorter strap is comfy, it's wide and flat - I didn't realize that from the pics. I only tried her on stuffed with tissue, and the bag did kind of ride up in my armpit, but I'm hoping that once I put my stuff in and wear her around she'll slouch a bit more.

BTW, the bag is pretty lightweight, lighter than the leather Zoes or Carlys, maybe from minimal hardware.

I went to get the hobo, but ended up with the tote. I guess it depends on how tall you are. I'm about 5'6" and both of the hobos looked awkward on me. The medium was too small, and the large was very large. I think the tote looked nicer on my frame.

I too like the tote better. The straps are a bit wider so it stays on my shoulder better. Does anyone have the large kristin tote? I'm wondering how much bigger it is than the normal size, or how big it is compared to say, the glam tote or madison carryall.

I don't have to large Kristin tote, but have seen it IRL, and tried it on. It is a huge bag, which I love. I would say it is roomier than the glam tote. The only problem is as of now it only comes in black and chalk, and I enjoy a little color. I do not own a black bag though, which is next on my list, but a bag for spring and summer needed to come first. So, I decided against it, but I do love it and when I am able to buy another bag, I want a black bag and this will be the bag I choose!

I went to get the hobo, but ended up with the tote. I guess it depends on how tall you are. I'm about 5'6" and both of the hobos looked awkward on me. The medium was too small, and the large was very large. I think the tote looked nicer on my frame.

I agree. The medium is tiny but the large is huge! I'm 5'7". I'm leaning more toward the tote

I'm 5'5 and I had the large and the medium hobo. In store the medium hobo seemed too small but once I loaded her she slouched and hung on my shoulder properly. When you go to the store you may want to see if you can try on the purses with some of your stuff loaded in them to get a better idea of how the purses feel when they're filled up. Good luck! Let us know what you decide!