Food Korean Short Ribs

I did the recipe but I didn't use malt syrup, I did add Mirin and green onions and 7 up! I tested a couple today and they were SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! And pursemamma......Brothers is my favorite:heart: Korean restaurant!!!!! But you have to go the main one, Kalbi Jin is my favorite there, I really want a recipe for that!

THANKS AGAIN BALENCIAgaLOVE!!!!:biggrin:

pursemama said:
I've been making this for so long that I don't or can't measure the ingredients anymore. Sorry, that I can't provide how much to put in...I think you can estimate though. I use this receipe with beef, chicken and even seafood, except that I don't use the Korean Malt Syrup? I DO use brown sugar, instead of white sugar and I use Cooking Sake or Mirin to tenderize (doesn't add unnessary sugar too!) and lastly I add roasted sesame seeds. Broiling the meat is the best...yummm, making myself hungry!:P BTW, have any of you NOR-CAL girls tried Brother's Restaurant?!...that is the best Korean Restaurant in San Francisco, I've tried other places and this is THE best place!:nuts:

I used to go there with my family from time to time :smile: I like this other one on Balboa (I forget what it is called though). In Oakland I like Wooden Charcoal BBQ :smile: The owner used to have a restaurant on Geary, but moved to Oakland. It's so good! I miss good food haha

this may sound weird... but i like unmarinated kalbee every now and then. just throw it on the grill! well... maybe i like this version because i can't cook. :P

bijou said:
I used to go there with my family from time to time :smile: I like this other one on Balboa (I forget what it is called though). In Oakland I like Wooden Charcoal BBQ :smile: The owner used to have a restaurant on Geary, but moved to Oakland. It's so good! I miss good food haha

I live in Oakland and have been looking for good a Korean place to eat at. What part of Oakland? I have tried a place on Grand, I don't know the name but it used to be a Korean bar.

emi00 said:
I live in Oakland and have been looking for good a Korean place to eat at. What part of Oakland? I have tried a place on Grand, I don't know the name but it used to be a Korean bar.

Oh you should definitely try this place. The owners are really nice & they've been in the business for a really long time :smile: I don't go here that often anymore since they moved out of SF =( Let me know how you like it :smile: I found the address for you :flowers: Enjoy!!

Koryo Wooden Charcoal BBQ

4390 Telegraph Ave Ste J
Oakland, CA 94609-2054
(510) 652-6007