Korean/Japanese skin care?

I don't know why but these asian groups have like the most flawless skin i've ever seen. I live in Singapore and it's hot & humid, which makes me break out A LOT. I recently went to korea and got AC care, so far it's all working well but i can't tell yet. AC care can be shipped to many countries and is made of bee venom. Another haul i've got from korea is SU:m37.. It's basically fermented stuffs. Expensive for a little bottle and I spent like $250USD on getting just 3 products. Hope it works!

Please let me know what are your acne cures made in KR/JP or any other holy grails?

I love Asian skin care products and have tried quite a few lines in the past few years. I have loved most of the products from The History of Whoo and Sulwhasoo but have now changed this last year to SKII and Su:m 37. I really feel they are working good on my skin. I think Su:m 37 is what I use the most but still have SKII products to use up. I find with my teenage kids that both lines have the fermented essence which have helped with their acne and redness from acne. Also I see a big improvement when they and also I use the Su:m 37 bubble detox mask. You should use it 3 times a week to notice a difference. I buy a lot of sample size Su:m 37 products from Ebay which gives you more value for your money. But I also buy full size things too. I just started using their rose cleansing stick which is fantastic. I also find using muslin/linen washcloths on my face works great. I make my own with the professional spa towels I buy and cut up to smaller washcloths. Eve Lom has good facial cleansing cloths. One thing I noticed with using Japanese/Korean skin products it that it is a multi step system which concentrates on taking care of your skin. I now only use Ohiu CC cream and do not need foundations or powders because my skin looks good. :smile: The funny thing is my husband makes jokes on all the products I order because they come in little envelopes and the mailman always makes him sign for the packages. But the other night he said the stuff I buy must be worth it because my skin looks so nice and I do not have wrinkles. This was a big thing for him to notice.

I love Asian skin care products and have tried quite a few lines in the past few years. I have loved most of the products from The History of Whoo and Sulwhasoo but have now changed this last year to SKII and Su:m 37. I really feel they are working good on my skin. I think Su:m 37 is what I use the most but still have SKII products to use up. I find with my teenage kids that both lines have the fermented essence which have helped with their acne and redness from acne. Also I see a big improvement when they and also I use the Su:m 37 bubble detox mask. You should use it 3 times a week to notice a difference. I buy a lot of sample size Su:m 37 products from Ebay which gives you more value for your money. But I also buy full size things too. I just started using their rose cleansing stick which is fantastic. I also find using muslin/linen washcloths on my face works great. I make my own with the professional spa towels I buy and cut up to smaller washcloths. Eve Lom has good facial cleansing cloths. One thing I noticed with using Japanese/Korean skin products it that it is a multi step system which concentrates on taking care of your skin. I now only use Ohiu CC cream and do not need foundations or powders because my skin looks good. :smile: The funny thing is my husband makes jokes on all the products I order because they come in little envelopes and the mailman always makes him sign for the packages. But the other night he said the stuff I buy must be worth it because my skin looks so nice and I do not have wrinkles. This was a big thing for him to notice.

Thanks for sharing there! I've heard lots about the rose cleansing stick as well! How was Sulhwasoo? It's darn expensive I know but i think it only works for aged 25s and above. I'm really worried about putting oil based products in my regimen. The koreans/japs actually does oil cleansing method to take off makeup and I have tried it with Hemp oil and it clogged me big time. I'm not too sure if I will give the asian brands another chance.

I haven't had the chance to open my sum37 yet...I bought the secret programming essence and eye cream. I bought mine in korea at Incheon Airport (Couldn't find them on the streets)

Thanks for sharing there! I've heard lots about the rose cleansing stick as well! How was Sulhwasoo? It's darn expensive I know but i think it only works for aged 25s and above. I'm really worried about putting oil based products in my regimen. The koreans/japs actually does oil cleansing method to take off makeup and I have tried it with Hemp oil and it clogged me big time. I'm not too sure if I will give the asian brands another chance.

I haven't had the chance to open my sum37 yet...I bought the secret programming essence and eye cream. I bought mine in korea at Incheon Airport (Couldn't find them on the streets)

buying skincare product is worse than buying jeans, Sulhwasoo is like La Mer on the heavy side so it depends on your skin type and climate, not age. I know 18 year olds using Sulhwasoo w/o problem, yet when it is too heavy for me. Another good KR brand is AmorePacific, and it's sub line Laneige. Try to get some sample set from local stores or ebay sellers that ware based in Kr/Jap if you want to try brands not available locally.

buying skincare product is worse than buying jeans, Sulhwasoo is like La Mer on the heavy side so it depends on your skin type and climate, not age. I know 18 year olds using Sulhwasoo w/o problem, yet when it is too heavy for me. Another good KR brand is AmorePacific, and it's sub line Laneige. Try to get some sample set from local stores or ebay sellers that ware based in Kr/Jap if you want to try brands not available locally.

Yeah! I have so much difficulty in finding the perfect skin care yet. Do you know if Sulhwasoo contains parabens? I can't handle heavy products at all either! *hi fives*

It doesn't say so on their official site so I'm guessing it May in certain products, or else they would've list so proudly. But most google search said it's paraben free. I used to live in Taiwan so I know how crazy humid hot it can be

It doesn't say so on their official site so I'm guessing it May in certain products, or else they would've list so proudly. But most google search said it's paraben free. I used to live in Taiwan so I know how crazy humid hot it can be

yeah I'm glad someone understands my situations lol. Currently my AC care products seem fine I haven't got a single breakout since I used last week. I'll check out Sulhwasoo/Amore when I can. What are your recommendations for those brands?

I only tried some cream from sister in law's sulwhasoo collection and it breaks me out. I like AP' gel for face, their enzyme peel powder is a must, serum is light enough that I don't feel greased up when pairing with face gel. Green tea seed treatment oil is on my radar.

But I rely on sheriff's city sunscreen instead of AP. This one gives a bit of whitening effect but no dramatic that it'll change the foundation color. Not greasy at all and goes on light. I usually shop skincare products at places that have good return policy, and stick with one sales so they know my skin and won't recommend expensive stuff to boost commission. Because they will see the deduction on paycheck when I return under their name :biggrin:

But I rely on sheriff's city sunscreen instead of AP. This one gives a bit of whitening effect but no dramatic that it'll change the foundation color. Not greasy at all and goes on light. I usually shop skincare products at places that have good return policy, and stick with one sales so they know my skin and won't recommend expensive stuff to boost commission. Because they will see the deduction on paycheck when I return under their name :biggrin:
Thanks Classic Chic! I'll give those a look :smile: By the way, I have also bought a lot of innisfree products. I've seen lots of makeup brands I've never seen before. Really loved korea.. and the women have perfect skin.

I sometimes double cleanse and use SKII cleansing oil which is very gentle and then I add water and it makes it a milky cleanser but it washes off with no oil residue. I then follow with my Su:m 37 rose cleansing stick which is really my number one cleanser now. I like to try new products and ran out of my Sulwhasoo and History of Whoo cleansers. I just bought the Su:m37 cleanser in a bottle. I think it is a foaming cleanser. I am really liking everything from Su:m 37 now. For some reason the Sulwhasoo and History of Whoo feels a bit heavy on my skin now in the summer so I gave it all to my sister.

There are a few good sellers on Ebay from Korea. I would try samples of a few things to see how they work on your skin. Another thing is trying to find what products to use in what order since there are so many products with Su:m 37. SKII is easy to find in major high end department stores and even sephora sells it. I have been very happy with their products. Love their facial masks but they are expensive. I notice a big difference in my face when I use them.

Once you start with these great products you become addictive to them. I could never go back to drugstore products or soap on my face. I do think taking the time to actually use these products makes a difference because it does take longer to do. But you will see results. I have all my things organized at my sit down vanity and it is a nice way to just relax and pamper myself doing my skin routine.

Missha also has an essence that is supposed to rival SKII and I use this too and it works great.

There are a few online blogs on Korean/Japanese skincare products which do give some good reviews. Makeupmalley.com is also a good place for beauty product reviews.

I did look at AC care products after reading your post. Seems interesting but I am allergic to bees and don't know if my teens are since they have never been stung but both have very sensitive skin. So I would be afraid to have them try been venom products. The SKII and Su:m37 works for them. Many of the drugstore scrubs and acne products were too harsh on their skin. My daughter breaks out in a rash from many products so it is always hit and miss with any new item.

Last edited:
I sometimes double cleanse and use SKII cleansing oil which is very gentle and then I add water and it makes it a milky cleanser but it washes off with no oil residue. I then follow with my Su:m 37 rose cleansing stick which is really my number one cleanser now. I like to try new products and ran out of my Sulwhasoo and History of Whoo cleansers. I just bought the Su:m37 cleanser in a bottle. I think it is a foaming cleanser. I am really liking everything from Su:m 37 now. For some reason the Sulwhasoo and History of Whoo feels a bit heavy on my skin now in the summer so I gave it all to my sister.

There are a few good sellers on Ebay from Korea. I would try samples of a few things to see how they work on your skin. Another thing is trying to find what products to use in what order since there are so many products with Su:m 37. SKII is easy to find in major high end department stores and even sephora sells it. I have been very happy with their products. Love their facial masks but they are expensive. I notice a big difference in my face when I use them.

Once you start with these great products you become addictive to them. I could never go back to drugstore products or soap on my face. I do think taking the time to actually use these products makes a difference because it does take longer to do. But you will see results. I have all my things organized at my sit down vanity and it is a nice way to just relax and pamper myself doing my skin routine.

Missha also has an essence that is supposed to rival SKII and I use this too and it works great.

There are a few online blogs on Korean/Japanese skincare products which do give some good reviews. Makeupmalley.com is also a good place for beauty product reviews.

I did look at AC care products after reading your post. Seems interesting but I am allergic to bees and don't know if my teens are since they have never been stung but both have very sensitive skin. So I would be afraid to have them try been venom products. The SKII and Su:m37 works for them. Many of the drugstore scrubs and acne products were too harsh on their skin. My daughter breaks out in a rash from many products so it is always hit and miss with any new item.

Thanks for sharing! Really appreciate it :smile: I have been using the Su:M37 secret programming essence and it said it reprograms the skin to ensure it will be clean and shiny. So far, all I can say is that it sure is shiny. I guess the "clean" takes a while but we'll see. SKII is rather harsh, so I would avoid that.

AC care on the other hand has been working well, but careful it stings eyes! Made my eyes really red when I was showering. So far no pimples, I normally get it on my period but not this time.