Kooba Slate color...Can you believe this....

See....that's the big problem with the Kooba leather these days. There is no way in hell I'm going to redye a $600 bag. I wouldn't even dye a $150 Tano, but I would expect the Tano to fade. Good luck, as Kooba is supposed to be listening to us.

See....that's the big problem with the Kooba leather these days. There is no way in hell I'm going to redye a $600 bag. I wouldn't even dye a $150 Tano, but I would expect the Tano to fade. Good luck, as Kooba is supposed to be listening to us.

I sent the letter so we will see if there is a positive response. I'll be posting throughout the Kooba forum if it is negative, that is for sure. I'm sure they will stand by their name though. I really want them to dye it back. That would be the perfect answer. A pain, yes, but I love the shape and original color of this bag so well worth it.

I sent the letter so we will see if there is a positive response. I'll be posting throughout the Kooba forum if it is negative, that is for sure. I'm sure they will stand by their name though. I really want them to dye it back. That would be the perfect answer. A pain, yes, but I love the shape and original color of this bag so well worth it.

Well, I sent a letter and received a response, which I have posted on this forum. So far I'm not happy.

I just bought the Blair bag in Dove and after reading all your posts I am concerned! I realize it's not slate but its a light grey color.
Any suggestions on how to protect the bag from discoloration?

Last edited:
I just bought the Blair bag in Dove and after reading all your posts I am concerned! I realize it's not slate but its a light grey color.
Any suggestions on how to protect the bag from discoloration?

I wish I could tell you something but I haven't a clue. Sorry. Maybe I'll find out more once my bag comes back from Kooba.